Release Openjazz (libmodplug)

Pickle

Mega GP Mania
Website
Visit site
Just compiled openjazz and modlibplug for music and it run fine on the pandora.

I was a disappointed a bit with this game though with no sound effects. Seems the rest of the game though is fine. And it sure has been while since ive heard these jingles, oh the memories.

yeah, this game is cool, so is the music, my favourite tunes are Medievo and the songs in the Xmas levels!

Jazz Jack Rabbit was my favourite jump'n'run in DOS times. I was always disappointed by the port of OpenJazz as it didn't have any sound effects and it also didn't seem like the engine was being worked on so I didn't hope for any improvement. Is the game logic now implemented well or are there still lots of bugs? Has a new version of the engine been released that you ported?

xnopasaranx posted on May 24 2009 at 07:58 PM said:
Jazz Jack Rabbit was my favourite jump'n'run in DOS times. I was always disappointed by the port of OpenJazz as it didn't have any sound effects and it also didn't seem like the engine was being worked on so I didn't hope for any improvement. Is the game logic now implemented well or are there still lots of bugs? Has a new version of the engine been released that you ported?
Really I dont know the little i played seemed ok, beside the sound, we probably will be better running this in dosbox

Last edited by a moderator:
Esn posted on May 24 2009 at 08:53 PM said:
Do you think DOSBox on Pandora will be able to handle it?
JJ1 is still one of my favourite platformers of all time. Better than Sonic. ;)

well one way to find out and try it :)

Pickle posted on May 22 2009 at 03:11 PM said:
I was a disappointed a bit with this game though with no sound effects. Seems the rest of the game though is fine. And it sure has been while since ive heard these jingles, oh the memories.

http://alister.eu/jazz/oj/

Apparently the latest claims to have sound effects

hospadar posted on May 28 2009 at 03:58 PM said:
Pickle posted on May 22 2009 at 03:11 PM said:

http://alister.eu/jazz/oj/

Apparently the latest claims to have sound effects
ah looks like i ported it too soon :)
I will make another version soon, probably on the wiz first though.

Update: I have a new version running on the wiz, after a few modifications to get controls and screen to not flicker. It works great expect no music :-( The code appears to load music fine and everything. Sounds work....
I have to say though this app probably has the best joystick implementation ive seen, all the keyboard actions are assignable to any joystick button.

Back