Openhandhelds.org Relauch

derdritte

Still Fresh
Hey Guys,

I've been working on a complete rewrite of the OpenHandhelds.org-Upload System.

If you are interested in checking it out and suggesting features or reporting bugs,
please check the thread in the Caanoo-section or drop a PM.

Thanks for testing,
derdritte

Last edited by a moderator:
Just curious ..

- you got ED's buy in, and his requirements? (dependancies etc)? If not, go get them first ;)
- there must be dozens of such things already, why not leverage one of those? (though theres nothign wrong with doing it yourself for fun, but from EDs side I coudl see security concerns etc from a all-new homegrown thing, its his server :)

I took a 5 second look; it 'looked' okay and loaded fast :p

jeff

skeezix said:
Just curious ..

- you got ED's buy in, and his requirements? (dependancies etc)? If not, go get them first ;)
- there must be dozens of such things already, why not leverage one of those? (though theres nothign wrong with doing it yourself for fun, but from EDs side I coudl see security concerns etc from a all-new homegrown thing, its his server :)

I took a 5 second look; it 'looked' okay and loaded fast :p

jeff
Yes, I spoke to him first, this was more an experiment to begin with but the requirements are pretty specific and I didn't want to adapt just anything.
I just always bugged me that the archive was massively outdate, technology-wise. And since I had some free time, I created this monster.
I just really need to get input to see if it appears the the current userbase and wont break down after the first 5 uploads.

It now does pretty much what the old one did, just with a modern layout and some features added. It still needs a bit of polishing though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back