OpenGL and DirectX through Vulkan?

Being ambiguous is not helpful if it actually makes a difference whether you are referring to hardware shaders or shader programs.

Hah! You thought that was a NOOB question? ;) I raise you with: what even are “shaders”? xD
They're lots of things, which only really resolve to be the same kind of things if you know about the maths behind it all. Bascially in maths speak it's about fiddling with the numbers after they are rendered either to the 3d world space or the 2d perspective projection. It's a very general purpose technique. The main effects you get from shaders vary with style, but tend to be things like motion blur, and sometime shadows can be implemented using shaders I think.

They're lots of things, which only really resolve to be the same kind of things if you know about the maths behind it all. Bascially in maths speak it's about fiddling with the numbers after they are rendered either to the 3d world space or the 2d perspective projection. It's a very general purpose technique. The main effects you get from shaders vary with style, but tend to be things like motion blur, and sometime shadows can be implemented using shaders I think.
Cheers for the explanation :)

Back