SDL2 on Pyra: configure flags and patches

cjam

Hello,

running an arm device with native opengl-es2 support, and gl4es installed is giving us some problems.

One thing I'm unable to do is get SDL2 games to init opengl-es, when openGL.so is visible to them.
The documentation I find specifies SDL2 selects the gl backend in this order of preference:
direct3d > opengl > opengles2 > opengles > metal > software
https://wiki.libsdl.org/SDL_HINT_RENDER_DRIVER

Other hints can be found in include/SDL_hints.h

In my experiments I was unable to force opengles2 by setting environment variable SDL_HINT_RENDER_DRIVER="opengles2"
but this might be related to our TI binary driver, which doesn't return GL_VERSION from an Egl context. I'm not understanding what is happening here.

I see ptitSeb has already made a patched libSDL2 which seems to address this exact problem: libSDL2 for Pandora

Does setting SDL_HINT_RENDER_DRIVER now make that patch unnecessary?

Aside, maemo-leste's libSDL2 (based on debian armhf's libsdl2-2.0.14+dfsg) rules set confflags:
confflags = --disable-rpath --enable-sdl-dlopen \
--disable-nas --disable-esd --disable-arts \
--disable-alsa-shared --disable-pulseaudio-shared \
--enable-ibus \
--disable-x11-shared --disable-video-directfb \
--enable-video-opengles \
--disable-video-opengles1 \
--disable-video-opengl \
--disable-video-vulkan \
--disable-video-wayland --disable-wayland-shared \
--disable-video-kmsdrm --disable-kmsdrm-shared \
--enable-hidapi
We also have patches in debian/patches, but they only affect wayland stuff.

Is this a good set of confflags for omap4 and omap5, given we want opengl-es and gl4es capability?
Neon-accelerated blitter was removed from upstream. Is there an armhf deb-src that has these re-enabled?

SDL1.2 and 2.0 are of course the foundation of many linux games, and I'd like to solicit input from the greatest arm-linux gaming community, right here.

Attachments

• d4_hedge_ani.png
    d4_hedge_ani.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Back