Openbor (Beats Of Rage)

Pickle

Mega GP Mania
Website
Visit site
pickle.gp2x.de/openbor-wiz.zip

Make sure you remap the buttons, sorry didnt include my config.
Maybe someone familiar with the gp2x can comment on if its works the same.
For example does everything show like it should, also im really curious is Y really hard mapped to screen shot?

Edit: As i thought there are some missing screens, i believe this is because the system uses some 32 bit sources.

Cool This would be great on the Wiz.

What screens are missing? Were they missing on the GP2X version too? Why would 32 bit sources effect the Wiz but not GP2X?

Ehi Pickle, I'm happy to see that after our little chat you made it! ;)

Thank you as always!

Later I'll test it!

DaveC said:
Cool This would be great on the Wiz.

What screens are missing? Were they missing on the GP2X version too? Why would 32 bit sources effect the Wiz but not GP2X?

Some screens at the beginning, nothing critical to play though.
The buttons are fine, you jusr cant remap the button assigned to screenshot directly, you have to remap all the other buttons to get Y off screenshot.
I will include my cfg the next time i upload.

Edit: Effects the wiz since 32 bpp support was never added to SDL

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy crap this is so awesome!! Thank you Pickle!!!

By the way - am I able to run these addons with your engine?

Passy said:

sure, the only limit is memory, i believe the wiz version is getting 16 mb

Thank you very much :)
I've tried 4/5 games and they work fine. The only problems are precisely the splash screens and the opening scenes of the games (Y / screenshot button affects GP2X version too).

shot10000.png
shot10001.png

Huh... You know, I heard a lot of hoopla in various homebrew communities tossing the name Beats of Rage around and it wasn't until just now did I decide to google it and find out exactly what it is. All this time I was under the impression it was a Beatmania inspired music game... I was wrong... :p haha whoops! Looks like a fun game though, I'll have to try the Wiz version tonight and I'll let you know if I come across any issues.

Passy said:

Thos mods are ancient. Many of those are unfinished demos of mods that today are completed.

Does anyone know where to get recent complete mods? I am looking for the Golden Axe one in particular (one in archive is unfinished). Every damn site I found with these requires some kind of goddamn registration :angry:

No! I am not giving my e-mail out to more spam sites thank you..

Pickle:

How do I get this to work? When I load it I get a selector screen with horribly glitched out colors. If I select a pak (even the standard BoR pak) it just dumps out to the Wiz main screen.

I just put the BOR.PAK into the paks folder and it stated up without going to the selection screen.
I overcome the Y/Screenshot problem by mapping screenshot to another button first on the controls screen.
Apart from the start up/selection screen problem, another excellent port. :)

@DaveC: You can find the most recent mods on http://lavalit.com:8080/

It's true that requires registration to access Download section, but I have never received spam from them.

Normal view of selector screen is that I posted: to select/run a pak, try to press Menu/START instead of B.

Hi, thanks to do a port for Openbor.

All people can download mods from http://lavalit.com:8080/

Im trying in my wiz, but when i load the screen freezes, i see the logo of Openbor like resize and in mid-down of screen and in blue colors, what i can do to run correctly?

Thanks!

Hi,

how can you configure the buttons? I couldn't find a file in the openBOR folder...

Edit/
Nevermind, I found out you have to edit the controls ingame.

Mr 2X said:
@DaveC: You can find the most recent mods on http://lavalit.com:8080/

It's true that requires registration to access Download section, but I have never received spam from them.

Normal view of selector screen is that I posted: to select/run a pak, try to press Menu/START instead of B.

Isn't there SOMEWHERE where these mods can be downloaded without having to fill out annoying registration forms so they can sell your e-mail address? No I don't need p1ll5 to Enlarge my p3n1s, nor do I need any \/1agr4 or C1al1s. Could someone with access maybe upload all complete mods to the archive to replace those old non-working or old demo versions?

Ok menu worked. I didn't think of trying different buttons for that for some reason. I wonder why a replacement screen couldn't be done that isn't glitched?

Pickle:

I have run into some other issues. The control has some problems. Sometimes when you are moving the character sticks, it won't move in the direction you are holding the pad. What you have to do is let go of the d-pad then press again in the direction you want to go, then it continues. This can be kind of annoying.

Also in the original BOR mod after you get far into the bridge level (the one with the reddish background) enemies stop comming and nothing happens. The music just plays and you walk around with no one to punch, you can't get any further. Has anyone got past that? Maybe I just have a bad PAK.

When I want to play Castlevania: Legacy of Dracula for exampl, the colors are pretty weird. Is this because of the 32-16bpp problem? And will it be fixed?

In the Saint Seiya mod i can't see videos and when i start a game it takes a black screen and then the game is VERY VERY VERY Slow (1 frame per 20 seconds). I'll try PSP version.

Edit: Sorry but i copy my pollux .gpe from alexkidd and it was set to 180mhz and i forgot to delete this. Trying again.

Same problem without pollux and the PSP version crash.

DaveC said:
Isn't there SOMEWHERE where these mods can be downloaded without having to fill out annoying registration forms so they can sell your e-mail address? No I don't need p1ll5 to Enlarge my p3n1s, nor do I need any \/1agr4 or C1al1s. Could someone with access maybe upload all complete mods to the archive to replace those old non-working or old demo versions?

Dave,
I have started uploading some of the files to the OpenHandHelds archive, however the lavalit site is so terribly slow, I can't download the files directly from them. I have been averaging around 1-2k/s from the site, and usually the files just timeout. Some authors have the files hosted elsewhere, and those I can get, however I can't grab files from some of these free sites very well. I'm not going to pay them to download more than 50meg in a day.

So, in time you'll see some more BOR mods on the archive, in the mean time, check out the GP2X archive and you'll find a heap of OpenBOR mods in there too. Most of them are fairly old (2004 - 2005), but quite playable.

Slade said:
I have started uploading some of the files to the OpenHandHelds archive, however the lavalit site is so terribly slow, I can't download the files directly from them. I have been averaging around 1-2k/s from the site, and usually the files just timeout. Some authors have the files hosted elsewhere, and those I can get, however I can't grab files from some of these free sites very well. I'm not going to pay them to download more than 50meg in a day.

So, in time you'll see some more BOR mods on the archive, in the mean time, check out the GP2X archive and you'll find a heap of OpenBOR mods in there too. Most of them are fairly old (2004 - 2005), but quite playable.

I have had the same problem with lavalit. There are some files that I really want to try out, but lavalit is extremely slow and the files never complete properly. A few days ago I managed to download files from them successfully, but it was still kind of slow then. I think I averaged around 30kb/s, which is way, way below normal download speed for me. Their server must have some issues.

I downloaded 3 of the files you uploaded to the Wiz section on OpenHandHelds. I definitely appreciate that. The BOR mods in the gp32x section on OpenHandHelds work fine of course, but some of those files have been updated with better versions on lavalit.

Back