Open2x That Was Just Uploaded

SunSpire

When running the flash_open2x.gpu I only get a black screen and nothing happens. I have read the previously posted tutorials and did everything the way it was described, my SD card works for GPH upgrades too ...

... what is it I'm doing wrong? :(

"SunSpire"

SunSpire

It actually is the 1.4 firmware that I'm using. It just doesn't want to work. It's really strange, I've never had any problems with the gp2x before, software-wise that is. I'll give it another try after work.

EDIT: I got it to work now!! The problem was that my WinACE did not extract the
"gp2x_write" and the "gp2xole" in the archive properly onto my SD card, it worked fine with WinRAR.

Guess I was just too blind to see the obvious or else I'd have noticed the 2 missing files on the SD earlier ;)

Anyway, tis workin' now, yaay!

"SunSpire"

crusty

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
theoddbot posted on Apr 15 2006 at 08:23 PM said:
Not sure why you'd want to, but anyway.

I've got idea for 'packages', like say gcc or qtopia, which would be distributed as squashfs images, and be automatically mounted on /opt. These could either be on the SD card or copied to the writeable nand. So you would have say, /opt/gcc/ with bin, lib etc under there, same for /opt/qtopia. Comments ?
Excellent idea. Then upgrading the compiler toolchain becomes a single download issue.
I have been a little frustrated and confused by the complexity of installations in current sets.

Last edited by a moderator:

aapje89

Still here...
Website
Visit site
SunSpire posted on Apr 18 2006 at 07:50 AM said:
It actually is the 1.4 firmware that I'm using. It just doesn't want to work. It's really strange, I've never had any problems with the gp2x before, software-wise that is. I'll give it another try after work.

EDIT: I got it to work now!! The problem was that my WinACE did not extract the
"gp2x_write" and the "gp2xole" in the archive properly onto my SD card, it worked fine with WinRAR.

Guess I was just too blind to see the obvious or else I'd have noticed the 2 missing files on the SD earlier ;)

Anyway, tis workin' now, yaay!

"SunSpire"
get 7zip

Last edited by a moderator: