Open 2x Issues

blinde

Still Fresh
Hello

Just starting working with open2x.

I am trying to recompile the kernel.

I use cygwin

Q1 : has anyone already rebuilt the FW2-3 under cygwin ? Seems that mktable is missing under cygwin.
So defkeymap.c is replaced by an empty file. I reverted the file and put it as Read Only and it builds...
A better workaround ??

Then I tried to boot my new kernel image.
The GP2X start and I can see the (very nice :)) Open2X picture after the boot.
But after it hangs :(

On my board I have:
UBoot in Nand : the one coming with firmware 2.0
Image in Nand : ART103's U-Boot (http://www.artaylor.co.uk/gp2x/dev/u-boot.html)
So I can start my kernel from the SD.
I didn't change the file system, so it must be 2.1 filesystem.

Q2 : any idea why it hangs ?? Can I keep the old filesystem ?? Any way to start with filesystem in SD with an open 2x kernel ??

Thanks

Chris

Hiya,

This is a VERY quick reply as I am running about like a mad thing right now.

The Open2x Kernel in SVN defaults to booting the ROOTFS off the SD card (you can check the partition from looking at the .config). This is to assist us when developing, if you want to boot your NAND ROOTFS you will have to change this.

Open2x's Kernel is NOT compatible with the ROOTFS provided by GPH, well it will boot and load the ROOTFS but all modules will fail as we build a newer Kernel with GCC3, GPH build 2.4.ancient with GCC 2.95. GCC 2 > 3 is such a big change that modules and kernels are not interchangeable.

An easy solution would be to request Open2x DR3, install that, then hack around with the kernel until your heart is content ;). A better solution would be to come on-board and help out if your into kernel hacking and bug fixes :D.

Hello

Thanks for taking time to reply.

U right, one solution should maybe to start on DR3, how/where can I get it ?

Thanks

Back