Open Ttd For Gp2x

It`s great but I hope there will be an option in the next version to let the gp2x scale the screen. I hate switching between 4 screen parts because of the higher resolution - makes me not enjoying the game :(
yeah, I would like a scale option too.

It does say in the readme that it didnt look very good scaled, so I don't know whether it will be implemented and if so whether it will be fun to use.

Last edited by a moderator:
Definately, this is a great game. I love all of the sim style games, and this one looks great. Can't wait for my GPX2 to come.

It does say in the readme that it didnt look very good scaled, so I don't know whether it will be implemented and if so whether it will be fun to use.

Well, when I was considering starting this port I did some scaled images and I didnt think the actual game looked too bad scaled... the problem was just menus and such... you'd have to scale the main game but make the menus more full screen and such

I think it's most likely possible, just requires some playing around :)

Great! Can I save the progress, however?

What interested me more, from the announcement, is this:
OpenTTD works suprisingly well on the GP2X! It give's me hope that my PSX emu port will go smoothly as well!

OK, I know he just hopes, doesn't promise anything.

maybe you could use pressing the joypad down to switch screens, haven't played it yet so I hope Im not eating my words saying this.

Woohoo Transport tycoon, Totaly great.

The greatest game of them all, so many houres i spend playing this game and im still playing it....well not in winXP(cant get it to work) :( but through vmware :)
zodttd, you'r the greatest
:lol:

now im realy looking forward to order an GP2X......mabyee i should order it right now.

Synkro... nice, but, we could save space with not displaying the entire menubar at the top... things like pause, save, settings, music etc could be on the menu you *could* bring up by pressing start :)

I dunno, but I'm sure there is a great way to get it to look nice at lower res :)

The interface will need a big overhaul to make it playable on a console like this. But all in all, great effort! Thanks for putting in so much trouble!

It`s great but I hope there will be an option in the next version to let the gp2x scale the screen. I hate switching between 4 screen parts because of the higher resolution - makes me not enjoying the game :(

Maybe there could be a scaled out (fullscreen) view to move the cursor around on etc and then when a button is pressed it could zoom in 1:1 centered where the cursor was. This way it is easy to navigate plus stuff wouldn't be all rezed out when zoomed in.

zodttd just ported openttd (RIGHT THATS TRANSPORT TYCOON!) to the gp2x, iam dieing right now, is that hot or what? :)
WOOOHOOO.
http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,29,924
If the one who did it reads that, you are a damn genious, i love you and so on, this is one of my favurite childhood and alltime games, i still play it regulairy, and now its on my gp2x, i am stunnded :)
thas great news (i loved openttd on the zod) lets hope zodttd does great thigs on the gp2x
(like he did on the zod) :D

i remember the hours I used to spend on this game.
just loaded it up last night onto my gp2x. fan-blimmin-tastic!

the screen resolution thing is a complete pain though.

How about this:

have a scrolling 320x240 'viewport' that moves when the mouse pointer moves, so that when the pointer is top-left, then you are seeing the top-left quarter of the screen, and then as you move the pointer to bottom right, the 'viewport' scrolls underneath you, so that by the time the pointer is bottom-right then you are viewing the bottom right screen quarter.

I KNOW what I mean, but does that make any sense?

put it another way, as you move the pointer 1 pixel left, the screen underneath scrolls one pixel the OTHER way, to the right. confoosed?

Vin

Back