Open Bounties

Here is that Beta(Alpha) release I promised I still need to look into the sound issue.. but the game plays just fine.. I'm not going to push it to the repo just yet..

The fire button I changed to the gamepad A key and I changed the quit button to just Q

to make it full-screen it's just alt-enter (will investigate how to make it do this automatically).

http://dl.dropbox.co...3208/digger.pnd

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is that Beta(Alpha) release I promised I still need to look into the sound issue.. but the game plays just fine.. I'm not going to push it to the repo just yet..

The fire button I changed to the gamepad A key and I changed the quit button to just Q

to make it full-screen it's just alt-enter (will investigate how to make it do this automatically).

http://dl.dropbox.co...3208/digger.pnd

Yikes, that gives me the code...not the download!!

I'd like a download so I can test it out.

Right click on the link and use save link as...

Maybe worded differently depending on the browser.

It's odd that it's doing that....

Right click on the link and use save link as...

Maybe worded differently depending on the browser.

It's odd that it's doing that....

Ok...that gives me a TEXT file. Not something I can use...doesn't give me a .pnd file. It tries to save as a .txt file.

rename it to digger.pnd

OK....

That worked. Here's my initial report...

Works excellent if you tell it not to enable sound...it gives you the choice at the start.

I'd personally prefer the FIRE button to be mapped to the Gamepad's B button, but that is a personal preference.

Alt-Enter worked, as did Q for Quit.

For some reason...it was not allowing the entry of initials when you get on the scoreboard...nothing makes the letters go up till you can enter them.

Now, with sound enabled...as you know it is VERY distorted. The other thing, with sound enabled...it takes FOREVER to load up your next screen....as opposed to without sound...almost instant loading of next screen. This may give you a clue as to the source of the sound distortion....could it be too SLOW???

At any rate, it works perfectly without sound (which sorta sucks - but is liveable if the problems with sound are not fixable)

BUT...even without sound...still need to be able to enter initials....and would prefer mapping the FIRE button to the gamepad's B button.

EDIT: You CAN enter initials directly, just type them in...but normally, the controller is supposed to run thru the alphabet to enter them, LOL.

So you'd just enter A F B in my case...no enter until the end...and you can enter initials.

Works excellent if you tell it not to enable sound...it gives you the choice at the start.
Yeah I added that popup to choose if you want sound or not.. I noticed that it was causing the next level to load slowly.

I can switch it to B no problem, but it's hard coded in there so no easy config file trick, so you need to download a new PND..

Here is the PND with the B firebutton:

http://dl.dropbox.co...8/digger_r2.pnd

Not yet, need some time look into it.. the source is bundled in the pnd if someone else wants to look into it.

Not yet, need some time look into it.. the source is bundled in the pnd if someone else wants to look into it.

Well, I do appreciate everything you have done so far!

and it DOES work perfect without sound. with sound will be better...but if you can't, well...oh well.

I appreciate you continuing to try.

Good news on the digger Kumaki. I found a more up to date source code where someone has resolved the sound issues.. I just need a little time to modify the controls and make a more polished PND package.

Will push it up to the repo when I'm done.

Pushed to the repo, fixed sound and all:

http://repo.openpand...app=digger-1003

Another add to my wish list....a version of Bejeweled 2 that runs on OS.
Well Bejeweled 2 is closed source game from pop-cap.. but luckily we already have a few clones

http://repo.openpand...p=gweled-gweled

http://repo.openpand...-monsterz-16809

Terrific!!!

Must get this!!

Nutbunnies that it is monsters instead of jewels, but might give it a try, anyway. Was hoping for a more ACCURATE Bejeweled 2, ya know...complete with Hypercubes and so on...

Digger is very nice. The only problem now is the lag between loading levels, there still seems to be a problem with the sound between levels, but that's okay. Also, the initials, you still type in instead of using the controller to scroll thru the alphabet, but again, no biggie.

I REALLY like the ability to map your own keys for Digger. But is there a way to get rid of that off the menu after you have mapped them the way you want? Or is it stored in there somehow?

Digger is very nice. The only problem now is the lag between loading levels

I played the original 1983 DOS game to figure out what It's supposed to sound like and it seems to do the same thing, the "Lag" is just waiting for it to finish the song at the end of the level. You could disable the music with M if it bugs you that much.. okay that doesn't work as it seems to not be counted as music.. but if you disable the sound with S it will ..

Someone complained on the repo about the squaking of the game, must of never played games in the 80's prior to sounds cards with just a PC speaker as a sound out.. honestly wouldn't think I would of get a poor rating on a game that directly sounds and looks like the original game made in 1983!

Kumaki said:
I REALLY like the ability to map your own keys for Digger. But is there a way to get rid of that off the menu after you have mapped them the way you want? Or is it stored in there somehow?

It's stored in a hidden config file on the SD card in the appdata/digger-1003 directory.. After you run the digger launcher that allows you to map the keys, you can launch it with the normal digger icon and it will remember what you set it to.

edit: sorry wrong post

bounty_segments.jpg

Digger is very nice. The only problem now is the lag between loading levels

I played the original 1983 DOS game to figure out what It's supposed to sound like and it seems to do the same thing, the "Lag" is just waiting for it to finish the song at the end of the level. You could disable the music with M if it bugs you that much.. okay that doesn't work as it seems to not be counted as music.. but if you disable the sound with S it will ..

Someone complained on the repo about the squaking of the game, must of never played games in the 80's prior to sounds cards with just a PC speaker as a sound out.. honestly wouldn't think I would of get a poor rating on a game that directly sounds and looks like the original game made in 1983!

Kumaki said:

It's stored in a hidden config file on the SD card in the appdata/digger-1003 directory.. After you run the digger launcher that allows you to map the keys, you can launch it with the normal digger icon and it will remember what you set it to.

I noticed that. I was wondering if there was a way to take off the key mapper...so that you have only DIGGER in the menu and not Digger key mapper.

too bad someone downrated you, this game plays and sounds exactly like the 1983 version. the only thing is...I swear it takes longer to go thru the end-stage music...than it does on Dingoo, or it did on PC. Otherwise, a totally perfect re-creation.

But again, it is no real big deal. What WOULD help in this...is if you had code in there that just auto-disabled the sound at level-end, and then re-enabled it automatically at level-start next level.

Do you think THAT could be done?

I noticed that. I was wondering if there was a way to take off the key mapper...so that you have only DIGGER in the menu and not Digger key mapper. too bad someone downrated you, this game plays and sounds exactly like the 1983 version. the only thing is...I swear it takes longer to go thru the end-stage music...than it does on Dingoo, or it did on PC. Otherwise, a totally perfect re-creation. But again, it is no real big deal. What WOULD help in this...is if you had code in there that just auto-disabled the sound at level-end, and then re-enabled it automatically at level-start next level. Do you think THAT could be done?

Yes I could remove the map key icon, but the only alternative is to have a popup window before it launches the game every time.. I figured an additional icon was the lesser evil.

I could easily hack out the end music, but I wanted to avoid modifying the original code as it will give me more responsibility to ensure the changed code is available to the public.. I'll look into it..

Back