Onlive Finally Going Live?

Wolenber said:
Vast amounts of content? Not more than Dragon Age, or Mass Effect 2.
Or Garry's Mod, or CSS. In fact, WoW has a fairly standard amount of actual content it just makes you think it has more, via grinding.
Sorry, I've never heard of those games, and I don't play World of Warcraft either (it's not my sort of game - I just know a few folks who do play it; you're dead right on people playing it socially, too), so I don't understand your comparison.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wolenber said:
To the people saying that it won't sell, you underestimate what people will pay.

How many people pay $15/month for WoW? Because I'm sure Blizzard would tell you that this model can make a decent profit.
And that's just for ONE game.
WoW is designed to be played online via subscription with new content being added periodically. If you want to play WoW, the only way to do so is to pay that $15.
Contrast that to paying $15 a month plus purchase price to play a game that you could play on your PC for just purchase price.
Apples and oranges, as the saying goes.

Wolenber said:
Vast amounts of content? Not more than Dragon Age, or Mass Effect 2.
Or Garry's Mod, or CSS. In fact, WoW has a fairly standard amount of actual content it just makes you think it has more, via grinding.

The reason people pay for WoW (only guaranteed accurate for the people I know) is because other people they know play it. I'm sure at least some games on onLive will encourage multiplayer, and I'm sure they'll know someone who plays it.
Are you drunk? You're saying a player-vs-player FPS has as much content as an MMO? Not even close.

BackAssward said:
ThaDSman said:
Onlive has updated their blog recently. I remember everyone was really excited about it before, so just thought I'd let people know....

http://blog.onlive.c...creen-near-you/

Although I don't think its such a great deal anymore $15/month + $60 the retail price of the game? Doesn't sound so great anymore....

Edit: If it was $15/month, play anything you want, all you want... then they'd have a chance.
THAT makes more sense. Besides, I'd much rather actually OWN a game, what happens if OnLive goes offline and out of business?

Jourdy288 said:
THAT makes more sense. Besides, I'd much rather actually OWN a game, what happens if OnLive goes offline and out of business?
In that case, you're screwed...

Back