Gp2x F200 First Impressions

the only real flaw with the f200 is the firmware which open2x will fix and gmenux2x smooths over. its missing the file explore though which sucks if you want to delete files. you can use Enexfi but the version in the archive doesn't allow folder deletion. devs seem to be upset about usb host missing too.

its all stuff that can be fixed though and nothing too major

I also agree that the firmware is indeed lacking. They added new stuff, but broked or removed some previous ones. :(

My other complain is the touchscreen. It works okay, but the implementation in the default menu & built-in applications is very limited and clearly fails to be utilized properly. No scroll bars to quickly browse through files/texts. No seek bars to quickly change positions in videos/audio. Even the main menu is not ideal for touchscreen; the menu of F-100 is way more suited for such. The touchscreen calibration instructions is stupidly left in Korean. Heck, there isn't even one built-in game to showcase the touchscreen capabilities. It really makes you feel that the inclusion of touchscreen was just an afterthought. <_<

(Not to mention that there isn't even a proper place to store the poorly-made stylus. :()

Good thing the community is there to make the touchscreen worthwhile. I'm hoping the support for it would increase & improve. (GMenu2x, ScummVM, UAE4all, & many others with advance touchscreen support would be very nice. :) )

Back