Online Games

Nova

Is that a Caanoo in your pocket or are you just ha
Website
Visit site
After playing Hardware : Online arena today i realised nintendo were wrong and online games are brill.

so what i need to know is... what are your fave online games?

Star Wars Galaxies.

I've only played online games a few times and this (after a like, an hour) is amazing. I only came across friendly people, had no lag and generally had a blast.

In fact the first guy I met, taught me every language he knew, gave me a bit of cash and took me hunting to get my exp up. All I can say is: QUALITY GAME

i really really love cs:1.6(counterstrike). but i also enjoy cs:source which i dont actually own but iv played it and its wonderful!

i heard that wow(world of warcraft) is amazing, i might have to get sometime.

@concept

do you need up to date drivers etc to run sw:galaxies?

Pretty much anything half life (2 or 1 and its mods) works out really well. The net code though complained about all the time is pretty brilliant and the engine just feels right for an fps. Obviously cs:s is pretty much the best online fps but the headshot boxes are ridiculous now..... Wolfenstein enemy territory is very good as well for a completely free game and alot of people still play which is often a problem with old online games. You could also get something like ta spring which is a pretty good freeware 3d real time strategy with good net support.
TA Spring

if browsergames count then www.wormed.de is quite fun... its worms online, with the system being
1. you send a challenge or get one
2. one person makes a move
3. second person can see in which games its his/her turn and make a move. Before he/she does, a replay of the enemy's move is shown

and if broswergames dont count : TRACKMANIA
greatestest game ever :)
i wanted to play in a clan once, but then i had to do more for school, and after that my gamepad was broken ]=

but today I'll start playing again, beware ;)

natural-selection (hl1-mod) is very good :) (i play it for 2 years now)

and if you want to play a mmorpg you should try guild-wars !
btw:
no monthly fees for gw !!!
you have to pal about 10-15$ every month for daoc or wow.....

natural-selection (hl1-mod) is very good :) (i play it for 2 years now)

and if you want to play a mmorpg you should try guild-wars !

Beta tested Guild-Wars and that game got boring in about 4 hours. Play Everquest and Dark Age of Camelot and had much fun, but they got boring eventually. Ultima online was fun back in the day, but I haven't touched that in years.

As for non-subscription games: Battlefield 1942/Vietnam, Halflife 2, Enemy Territory is badass and FREE, Medal of Honor AA, and the Unreal Tournys...

Anyone played America's Army? That game is pretty cool, but the people that play that game are HARDCORE, they get WAY too involved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back