OneMix3

Omg, the keyboard has enough keys to fit the Neo2 layout! And it's got a stylus, 360° hinge and an LTE modem(-slot)! It's what I've always wanted in a (somewhat) pocketable laptop! ED, I know it's not even launched yet but please stock this yesterday!

3ff3l9d.jpg

Edit: Huh, so they start taking preorders tomorrow.

Last edited:
Omg, the keyboard has enough keys to fit the Neo2 layout!

Neo2? AlphaSmart :- ?)

I don't believe the quality of the keyboard will be comparable, not even mentioning battery life :D

But specs sound quite nice :)

Every day learning something new ..... :cool:

Thanks - and wish you become dozens more - at least ;)

The OneMix3 is now open for preorders. I'm really considering getting one. Does anyone have experiences with OneMix regarding battery degradation, repairability and general build quality?

Build quality seems quite good, keyboard feels a bit better than the GPD devices in my opinion.
Haven't heard any issues about batteries yet, but I just started being a distributor for them, so I don't have that many experiences myself yet.

You will probably also be able to preorder the OneMix3 from my shop later on :)

The OneMix3 is now open for preorders. I'm really considering getting one. Does anyone have experiences with OneMix regarding battery degradation, repairability and general build quality?

The OneMix3 from that link seems to have an odd specification?

"One Netbook One Mix 3 Yoga Pocket Laptop Intel Core M3-8100Y Dual-Core 8.4" IPS Screen 2500*1600 Touch ID Windows 10 8GB DDR3 256GB PCI-E SSD - Silver"

PCI-E SSD instead of NVME.
DDR3 instead of LPDDR3.
256GB storage - where is the 512GB option?

Personally I'm going to hold off to see if some of these things clarify themselves. Are there two internal full length M.2 NVME slots? (and more of similar questions).

I'm also having a struggle between the idea of getting yet another sub-sized computer and getting a high end lightweight-ish full feature notebook. Lenovo X1 Extreme Gen 2 is supposed to be available in July - spec'd the way I would want it though, that'd be my computing toy budget for many years.

Still, I hope the OneMix3 can get their specifications clarified.

Still, I hope the OneMix3 can get their specifications clarified.

I hope so, too. It's not clear right now how an LTE modem would work in the device. Does it have a SIM slot? Does it have antennas? I was hoping to use it as a replacement for my smartphone…

I hope so, too. It's not clear right now how an LTE modem would work in the device. Does it have a SIM slot? Does it have antennas? I was hoping to use it as a replacement for my smartphone…

I think you can get m.2 2242 LTE cards with a SIM slot on them. The problem is going to be the antennae. You will need to attach the antennae wire(s) and wrap them around to get good reception in a metal bodied device. That's going to be a challenge
[doublepost=1558074153,1558052097][/doublepost]I noticed their PR guy said he spoke to their techs and for now, they are saying the One Mix 3 does not support LTE (expansion)

I noticed their PR guy said he spoke to their techs and for now, they are saying the One Mix 3 does not support LTE (expansion)

I asked on geekbuying and got a similar answer:

Question:Does the second m.2 slot support adding an LTE modem? Does the device have a SIM slot?

Our reply:
No, it does not have the SIM slot in the Silver edition. Probably, will be released in the black edition.

OneMix3S appears to be coming up for order in a few weeks with a specification more as I had been looking for...
https://liliputing.com/2019/05/one-mix-3s-mini-laptop-coming-soon-with-core-i5-16gb-512gb.html
Hmm...
[doublepost=1558120867,1558104964][/doublepost]Not much information to go on yet for the One Mix 3S. It sounds like they may have backed off of the idea of using M.2 cellular modules in it.

Outstanding questions...
Are both M.2 slots full speed NVME? Can they support hardware RAID 0 or 1?
Can we swap the well hidden but highly used tab key into the place where they decided to put the relatively useless caps lock key?
(Yes, I know - keyboard thread.)

CHUWI have also decided to copy One-Netbook and will be launching their own on Indiegogo. Slight differences though to be fair
[doublepost=1558147618,1558131161][/doublepost]Also, Looks like I was wrong, the LTE m.2 cards I thought I saw with SIM slots, turned out to be something else.
I can't actually see any LTE m.2 2242 cards with a SIM slot. Which is probably the reason why One-Netbook is now saying the One Mix 3 does not support LTE via a LTE M.2 2242 card

Last edited:
Can we swap the well hidden but highly used tab key into the place where they decided to put the relatively useless caps lock key?
(Yes, I know - keyboard thread.)

I think you should be able to write a keyboard driver that does that, both on Windows and Linux, but it's going to take at least some work.

]Also, Looks like I was wrong, the LTE m.2 cards I thought I saw with SIM slots, turned out to be something else.
I can't actually see any LTE m.2 2242 cards with a SIM slot. Which is probably the reason why One-Netbook is now saying the One Mix 3 does not support LTE via a LTE M.2 2242 card

Was too good to be true after all. I really would have liked a 360° pocket smartphone-laptop with stylus and X86 CPU.

I don't see it, unless you've a particular problem with the placement of F11 and F12. It's got everything I need in vaguely sensible places; slash, tilde, pipe, reverse quote. Semicolon placement might give me a bit of gyp if I coded a lot of C/Java, but I don't these days.

I don't see it, unless you've a particular problem with the placement of F11 and F12. It's got everything I need in vaguely sensible places; slash, tilde, pipe, reverse quote. Semicolon placement might give me a bit of gyp if I coded a lot of C/Java, but I don't these days.

They had a choice between caps lock and tab to sit on that half key next to the A and chose badly, putting tab up in the rafters.

Other than that - it isn't so bad.

Back