Onee-sama Tasukete!

'Eniko' said:
The girl being saved is in fact a girl. And the protagonist is in fact, also a girl. And so is the antagonist! But it's okay, the minions are still guys.

Seriously, if playing a female character bugs anyone that much there's about a zillion games out there that are the other way around. >_>
crikey, i confused the minions for multiple sprites of the antagonist, conveniently failing to notice the red-haired elephant in the room.

also, the only thing that bugs me is the discrimination against games where the player is a wild rabbit, as those are the best games ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
So what kind of gameplay do people prefer for their sidescrolling fighters? Should there be lots of minions blown over by as much as a stiff wind, or is Double Dragon like gameplay preferred where minions can actually take some punches and occasionally get some in on you as well?

Welp it's a weekday now so back to the MMO grind. Gotta mess with databases and world persistence now, blerk.

'Eniko' said:
So what kind of gameplay do people prefer for their sidescrolling fighters? Should there be lots of minions blown over by as much as a stiff wind, or is Double Dragon like gameplay preferred where minions can actually take some punches and occasionally get some in on you as well?
There should be lots of minions. Like, enough that you can take out like 4 with each attack.

MySQL I hope :D.

For sidescrollers, I wanna be fighting 50+ bad guys at once, with pretty epic spells that are just sending them flying everywhere.

'Eniko' said:

i would prefer odin-sphere-style gameplay, where if you know what to do you can dispose of baddies in droves, but one stupid move on your part and they pummel you. or in other words, throw in many of them, and make them progressively-vulnerable to your combos.

Sqlite for now, it's a lot easier to restore a database backup when all it requires is a file delete and rename. :p

Lots of useless enemies then. I was leaning that way, but I wasn't sure if other people liked that kind of thing as it could get dull.

'Eniko' said:
Sqlite for now, it`s a lot easier to restore a database backup when all it requires is a file delete and rename. :p

Lots of useless enemies then. I was leaning that way, but I wasn`t sure if other people liked that kind of thing as it could get dull.
Take a quick look at ZODB. And if you stick with SQL, PostgreSQL is better than MySQL in most regards.

'Gruso' said:
Yeah I'm cool with it. I'm baffled that some people wouldn't be.

Personally I hope that the male minion characters are really stupid, and stumble around running into each other.
Because the only thing worse than reinforcing stereotypes is to create new ones, amirite? ;)
Just kidding. I don't really care about what gender roles a game has as long as its not trying to shove new-wave feminism or staunch chauvinism in my face, yes, a game with tons of easily defeatable enemies that you just plow through, woh get their strength in numbers, would be nice

Well poisendv is a stereotype. He is th Guy who you could kick the shit out of in the toilets and feel good about it after. :blink:

'astro' said:
Well poisendv is a stereotype. He is th Guy who you could kick the shit out of in the toilets and feel good about it after. :blink:
you can't really judge a person until you've actually met and talked at least

'FES' said:
what is wrong with chosing male/female character at the begining of the game ... you would just be switching the sprites out...

because its called onee-sama tasukete, not onii-sama tasukete
uuurrr,,,, you could switch that out too XD switching the screen title is like silly easy... even I can do it :)

ever played the GB color version of turok? .... I think it is kindof 2.5 D that might be neat

In anycase no big deal...

Ziet er goed uit eniko. :)

I expect some little dutch references in the games, just to let us dutchies know its a dutch product ;)

'astro' said:
Hey, that was pretty uncalled for; especially as he's been very good lately! And remember, don't feed the trolls! And don't be a troll!

'EdCa22' said:
'astro' said:
Hey, that was pretty uncalled for; especially as he's been very good lately! And remember, don't feed the trolls! And don't be a troll!

Don't troll the trolls? :eek:

'Exophase' said:
'EdCa22' said:
'astro' said:

Don't troll the trolls? :eek:

Heh, yes. It only encourages them!

Some friends and I were talking about this and the name, "Tausukete Hime" came up as a term for all the helpless princess types in video games. Thought I'd share.

Welp it's the weekend, so here's some new stuff:

oneeslash.gif

mine_is_an_evil_laugh.gif

Back