One Station Video

CABBAGES

Website
Visit site
This is a wee video of the One station i got from dealextreme. I got it working a bit better now. I thought it was faulty but i think it just needs good batteries and rechargable ones dont seem to be good enough for it.
Heres the Video ----->HERE

I tryed it with the tv out on my tv but it was very jumpy like it was on a very high frame skip. But i think it must be my tv as when i put the tv out on my pc it was fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
pict0123vx6.jpg

pict0124ka3.jpg

pict0125pf4.jpg

it feels quite good and i think it was about$30/£15 or around about that. Only thing is it seems that the a and b buttons are around a different way from a real nes i think.

my thoughts is that the LCD is like the GP2Xs. you have you look right at it to get the right colors, but if you do, it's very sharp. When you turn the system off, you can see a slight burnin of the menu. The DPad feels a little awkard at times but you get used to it.

The games are odd. 99 games, and they all seem like they were made in the first few years of the NES. Mostly the games are long forgoton, or even ports from other consoles like the C64. Games that only appeared in the first few years, like digdug, galaxian and pooyan. (These are the good ones)

It seems to me like they just had a massive rom list and sorted by size, grabbing the smallest to be able to fit 99 games in one card.

The batteries last a long long time. I've probably played over an hour with the stock batteries. The back states 4.5V 0.3w.

It looks ok. Not ugly. The green one anyway. And it has analog volume control. Nice.

It boots up instantly. No loading at all. Maybe 50ms for the screen to give an ugly flicker.

Anyway, for a retro gamer that wants instant games, it's a bargain evne with only the 99 NES games it comes with. Maybe worth getting a few more packs, but I don't intend to.

Ane one more thing. My childhood never lied to me. Sonic on NES is CRAP! no wonder I hate sonic so much these days.

Sonic on NES? Must be some shady 12th-party pirate thingy. Can't expect quality from those...

Oh, what would be a good place to purchase one of these? Or perhaps some (other?) Noac-based thing...

What do you mean Sonic on the NES? The Mega Drive cartridges aren't ports to the NES, adapter contains a Mega Drive on a chip.

Orkie said:
What do you mean Sonic on the NES? The Mega Drive cartridges aren't ports to the NES, adapter contains a Mega Drive on a chip.
The green OneStation comes with a 99in1 cart with noac which includes Sonic.

As someone pointed out, it must be Hax0r'ed ;)

Anyway, I remember sonic on the Sega Master System 2, which was crap. Sorry for the mix up.

Anyway, not worth buying the OneStation for Sonic. It's a awful awful version, so I

Hmmm..... evidently not the same "99 in 1" game cart is packaged with every OneStation. Just got mine and I have a different cart. It does not have Sonic. It is the cart that has Contra Force and Super Contra.

edit: Mine is the green system.

icurafu said:
Anyway, I remember sonic on the Sega Master System 2, which was crap. Sorry for the mix up.
The first few GG/SMS Sonic games were shit, but Sonic Chaos was awesome. If you're going to emulate it, do the SMS version just for the larger viewable area.

My $0.02

icurafu said:
The green OneStation comes with a 99in1 cart with noac which includes Sonic.
It's worth it if you get the proper Mega Drive cart which is still only about £2 + the price of the adapter :).

Ordered mine a few days ago, Just got to wait for the long delivery time to the UK. :rolleyes:

I got this one with a 99 in 1 gamepack as i thought the other ones (Green, Pink and blue) fronts were too shiny and may distract gameplay during direct light :unsure: .

I can not wait to receive it, Even if there is only a few good games out of the 99, As although i already have a GP32 (which i still use quite often) this will be great to have permanently chucked in a bag or pocket (because of it`s much smaller size) ready for some classic gaming if boredom should ever arise.

*/Waits patiently staring at the letter box/*

Come on postie, Hurry up. :D

Trooper

I have been messing with my OneStation now for a few days. I ordered the green one along with several carts. I also ordered the MD converter with three game carts.

games.gif

The MD Converter is sort-of iffy at best. Meaning that you have to have the Converter in the cartridge slot "just right" and the Game Cart in the Converter "just right" for everything to work correctly. Find the sweet spot. If you don't, you may loose sound or some graphics, or some control like "up" will not work or "A" button will not work. Or one of the games may not load. This makes the MD Converter very tedious to use. The NES game carts stick up beyond the Game System's housing. The Converter does as well with the Game Cart stuck in the back in the opposite direction overlaping the unit's backside. This puts the game cart at an angle. Nothing fits inside of anything on this system. The Converter sticks past the the system and the game sticks past the Converter. I have, presently, three MD (SEGA) game carts. All of the games work perfectly, only if, everything is inserted just right. Wiggle here, wiggle there, take out reinsert, take out reinsert. Finally, whew!

MDOS.gif

The OneStation may have a few idiosyncrasies, but I can deal with them. I like the OneStation. It is a nice little portable NES. And if you want to fiddle with the converter, it is a nice little portable SEGA Genesis. I am so glad that my 99 in 1 game cart is different than what others recieved. I have many great games on that cart. Some that I have not played before. :D

Back