OMAP5432 at home !

XP runs with Qemu, but it's slow. The boot takes around 10mn.

Last edited by a moderator:
I recompiled MPlayer with maximum optimization, 1080p ogg video runs near perfection (some slowdowns here and there) without any hardware acceleration.

I recompiled MPlayer with maximum optimization, 1080p ogg video runs near perfection (some slowdowns here and there) without any hardware acceleration.
what video codec did you use with the ogg video?  Theora, h.264...etc

I've had reasonable success with h.264 1080p videos running full-speed using multi-threading.

Should not be usable but those examples are so-so as we already natively have GIMP and LibreOffice (please don't push).

And Photoshop mouse usage is flawed under Qemu, at least it was in 2011.

I'll probably do some other tests when I'll enable 1.7GHz.

One thing for sure, Win95 runs fast.

Exagear Desktop would most likely be able to handle Microsoft Office and Photoshop better than Qemu. Since I don't have either, I can't really demonstrate it on the Devboard. Both Gimp and LibreOffice work extremely well on the devboard.

I can't get the card to reach 1.7GHz.

The guy from IGEP told me I have to ask Ti...

Did any of you succeeded ?

I can't get the card to reach 1.7GHz.

The guy from IGEP told me I have to ask Ti...

Did any of you succeeded ?
no, think Notaz needs to do some magic for proper overclocking. Also seems that the frequencies allowed are too rigid, 500Mhz, 1GHz and 1.5Ghz are the only thing I can currently set the clock speed at.

Exagear Desktop would most likely be able to handle Microsoft Office and Photoshop better than Qemu. Since I don't have either, I can't really demonstrate it on the Devboard. Both Gimp and LibreOffice work extremely well on the devboard.
This is what I was going to suggest, Although it lacks any kind of 3D acceleration, so it's a no go for games. 

I tried it on my Tegra K1 Chromebook which I installed Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (Linux 4 Tegra Drivers). Stunningly fast. 

I recompiled the latest mainstream kernel, but there's no .dts/.dtsi for my board.

I grabbed the one from IGEP sources but I had no generated .dtb .

Any hint on this ?

I recompiled the latest mainstream kernel, but there's no .dts/.dtsi for my board.

I grabbed the one from IGEP sources but I had no generated .dtb .

Any hint on this ?
No idea if you don't share any of the steps you are doing (what is configured? which make command line? If you want to compile your own .dts file (if I understand correctly) you have to add an entry to the Makefile or make dtbs will ignore it.
If it helps, the kernel sources we are using to test and bring up the Pyra is here:

http://git.goldelico.com/?p=gta04-kernel.git;a=summary

Use the 4.1 branch which is working on the omap5-uevm (w/o or with Pyra main board connected). 4.2 may be broken - hasn't been tested much.

Not really, Wally has the same board, and the same problem.

He did ask igep, but they just point at that officially supported 3.8 kernel, and can't seem to be bothered to upgrade their dts for later kernels.

The dts stuff in the kernel changes about quite a bit, so it's not really something you can grab from an earlier kernel either.

Only option is to look at which changes they made compared to the uevm dts in the old kernel , and redo the whole thing for a later kernel.

Unfortunately writing dts files isn't any fun at all.

Thanks for the answers.

I'll diff the files when I'll find the will to do it.

Does the mainstream 4.2 compiles and runs on the EVM ?
I believe aTc has been successful doing this, but don't see it on the place I normally steal kernels from him. He has a list of things that he needs to be enable/disabled to make it work from what I gather. 

I'm not using mainline, I'm using the hns kernel from http://dev.pyra-handheld.com/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=pyra-kernel.git;a=summary

Which is probably not too far from the mainline kernel, but I never really looked at all the differences in detail.

I'm not that deep into kernel stuff anyway, I only try to compile and run it.

The 4.2 kernel seems to run fine, but the latest aufs4 patches are only for 4.1, and aufs is kind of a big part of dbp.

So I haven't moved to 4.2 yet as the main kernel.

And as you could have read on hns's twitter, the 4.3-rc kernel still has a few issues.

Back