Oldplay V0.95

sasq

Still Fresh
New version 0.95
http://www.nightmode.org/oldplay/

screen095.png

Have focused on the player and not so much on formats this time.

CHANGES
  • HOLD and BLANK functions (Locks keys, turns off screen)
  • Configurable GUI (via config file)
  • Battery indicator
  • Shuffle play
  • CPU Scaling (diffrent CPU frequncies for different formats)
  • Settings-file (remembers volume, shuffle & repeat)
  • SID Songlengths (via Songlengths.txt from HVSC)

How about USF(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Ultra_64_Sound_Format) support in the next version?

How do you shut down the screen and hold the buttons ??
I can get the display off but the buttons are still active... so shutting down the screen has not really interest...

Taken from the readme. ;)

R+L Hold (lock keys). Note: R _then_ L

(Press and hold R then press L)

You can shut down the screen first and then lock the buttons.

Just dowloaded and used it for the first time today. I must say that I am really enjoying it. Great work!

Thanks sasq.

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Just noticed that the HOLD function is a bit iffy, will fix that. I will also add an option so that HOLD automatically turns off screen (not the other way around cause often you want keys but dont need screen).

For v1.0 I want to add a few missing features (like Songseeking, saving/loading playlist and adding whole dirs to playlist) but mostly I want to fix the small things, so if you find any small quirks let me know.

(Like:
- Equalizer out of sync
- Equalizer biased toward lower frequencies
- Clicks when switching song
- Sometimes maxsongs is repored as 0
- SPC songs skip 31 seconds in (now WTF is that?!)
- PLAYING can show when not playing anything.
- Volume settings seems too high (high mp3s sounds cutoff)
)

Well, one thing I noticed is that the volume level for spc's compared to mp3's is a little low.

First, thanks for this project ... WAY COOL ... SID + MOD = LEET :)

Song Seeking is definitely a big ticket item .. Those of us who listen to long radio shows or e-Books need to be able to return to that point quickly.

Bookmarking would be great as well.

Thanks again!

a cheers to sasq.

listening to c64 and Amiga tunes via a special music player is a new experience for me. And to do this for the first time on a portable media player such as the gp2x is really nice, isn't it?. My favourite tunes so far are those from the Amiga version of Shadow of the Beast II.

How is this sid and uade scene so far?. Are there any parties with "sid djs"?

Very nice, what about using the known 68k core for UADE? ;)

About feedback, it could be nice if using trac for this, and then people will say his problems (and submitting the file that has problems with oldplay, for example).

What about ADX support (and playing my favourite music of dreamcast games)? It's messy convert ADX files to MP3/OGG (ffmpeg supports it) and adx is perfectly possible to play on GP2X, even on GP32.

What about supporting lossless audio formats? I use lossless audio formats, specially for orchestal music.

Ehm? The "known" core? UADE is built on UAE and uses UAEs core.
And I have trac setup, do you mean that anyone should be able to report bugs? That will never happen...
ADX is a possibility, losless; probably not (lossless are only good for archiving etc)

I mean the Dave's 68K core in ARM9 asm, that could do possible to UADE running faster
on GP2X, no? Ask to Reesy from DrMD for the core ;)

About ADX, there is even separate source code by a known japanese dreamcast homebrew coder: Bero (or Ber0). The ffmpeg ADX support seems based on the Bero's source code for ADX playing.

And about lossless: I don't think so, some music is too rich for lossy audio codecs. There are lossless audio codecs than compress too well and relative small size difference with lossy audio codecs.

Hello, all.

I get a wonderful segfault (compiled under linux) when browsing certain directories.

Also navigation is super slow. and the colour scheme, bleh.

I'm going to PM sasq with more info.

Back