Ok to play without protective screen?

Dragonfly46

Still Fresh
As I explained in an earlier post, I had some serious drama when I tried to replace my GP32’s screen. As I was prying the screen up, my screwdriver slipped and scratched the hell out of my flu's light distributor sheet. (Yeah I’m the type of guy who tries to fix a toaster with a fork) So anyway now I have removed the front light and am going to have to deal with a non lit unit until I can afford another FLU. Anyway I thought I would mention that once I removed the light from my unit, I powered it on. MAN does it look much clearer and cleaner without the plastic screen on. It has no glare and is easier to see under different lighting conditions. The LCD has the same looks and feel of a laptop computer’s. Does anyone know if there is really a need for the plastic guard screen? Or is it ok to have the LCD exposed? I like the way the display looks now, I just don’t want to further damage my system. :huh:

-Luke

Put it back on. You will have to replace the whole lcd if you scratch it now.

@Azure: You still have the transport-protection over your protective screen? OK, your grandchilds will receive your gp32 in mint-condition ... ;)

Are we just talking about the thin plastic sheet that covers your screen? I figured it was just for packaging so I was going to take it off (GP32 is for Christmas, but I've seen it already).

If so, I have to take mine off anyway as it's, well, bubbly. So, is it ok to peel it off as long as I'm careful, or were you all talking about something else anyway?

Cool, I was 90% sure Dragonfly wasn’t referring to what I was talking about. Just wanted to make sure that it wasn’t actually important on a FLU console.

Cheers.

i took the actual plastic off my FLU. There is still another layer before the LCD and i find that this layer doesnt really scratch too much....

HAHA. :blink: Yeah, I'm not talking about the thin plastic peel off. I peeled that off the day I got my GP32. They just put that on there to protect the screen from scratches while it is shipping. . . I'm taking about the replaceable screen. If you happen to get dust under your screen or the plastic gets scratched, so you can buy a new screen and replace the old one. . Like this. .

http://www.gbax.com/screenhowto.html

The only problem is that guide shows replacing a non-flu unit's screen. Under the replaceable screen (in a flu unit) is a light distributing sheet that’s not pictured above. When I pried the screen up, I accidentally scratched up my light distro sheet. (It is thin special plastic that reflects light ) :p So anyway, under that is the LCD. I have my GP32 all the way down to the LCD. She is NAKED :lol:

-Luke

All the way down to the LCD!! :unsure:
i scratched my light distributed thingy and still used it. After a while the scratch began to disappear. Dont know why though- maybe i was rubbing the reflective thing off and therefore the scratch?

Back