Broken Blu-screen... :(

Shaddac

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
I accidently smashed the screen on my original BLU unit yesterday... :(:(:(
I'm so sad right now... Any1 know if and where I can buy a replacement lcd? it's not only the plastic screen, it's the lcd behind it since I really can't see anyhting but random colour and flickering... There has also been ink(?) spilled... At least it look like ink :huh:

If you want to buy my damaged BLU, that would be ok too.. Everything works, save the lcd... It clocks to about 180-188 Mhz...

//Shaddac

Sorry to hear that Shaddac - I have a smashed NLU and still remember how it felt when I found the damage! I'd be interested in finding a new LCD for that if anyone knows where to get one. I know it's a different part to the BLU one.

I'm sorry for your loss! How did it happen?

Speaking of smashed displays:

since I got my (used) FLU I always wanted to replace the plastic screen protector with one made of glass, because it's yellowish and scratched. But...

...the instructions say I should use 1-2mm glass. Isn't that way too fragile? Wouldn't any sort of pressure instantly ruin the glass and the LCD?

Sorry to say, had the same problem last year.

You CAN get replacement screen - though they cost about 300 Euro (if you only buy a single on), as it is not an all-day electronic part like a resistor.

I sent my BLU to Squidge, as he had a broken BLU with intact display, so at least he now has a working unit again...

2mm is fine, infact if you can get it, go for 1mm as 2mm sticks the grey surrounding out abit but you could always turn the grey plastic back to front completely like me and have grey piece firmly in place

There my hot tip for da day !! :lol:

Thanks for your replies. I was afraid there was nothing to do... :(
Now all I've got is one big clumsy 128 MB Ogg player... Yesterday, I had the coolest thing ever :ph34r: ...
Lucky thing that the GP2X is coming up soon! I hoped to sell my GP32 after that, but I don't see any1 who would want to buy my gp32_console now... :(
If any1 need replacement parts of any kind, at least I've got everything but the LCD!

Cheers!
/Shaddac

Shaddac posted on Oct 4 2005 at 10:15 AM said:
If any1 need replacement parts of any kind, at least I've got everything but the LCD!

Cheers!
/Shaddac

Odd and yet fortunate that I came accross this, as I have just broken my ministick/thumbstick/joystick on my GP32 about 30 minutes ago. If you would be will to part out your ministick, I would be more than willing to compensate you. I've been searching and haven't had any luck yet.

you can contact me at reaper79@rationalanarchy.com if your interested.

cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
reaper79 posted on Oct 4 2005 at 12:34 PM said:
Shaddac posted on Oct 4 2005 at 10:15 AM said:

Cheers!
/Shaddac

Odd and yet fortunate that I came accross this, as I have just broken my ministick/thumbstick/joystick on my GP32 about 30 minutes ago. If you would be will to part out your ministick, I would be more than willing to compensate you. I've been searching and haven't had any luck yet.

you can contact me at reaper79@rationalanarchy.com if your interested.

cheers!
wow, SOMEONES lucky day, eh?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back