Ok So What Are They Thinking?

1magus

Found this new bid on eBay for a Pandora it's up to 500 USD. Stupid Bid I mean unless someone thinks the Pandora will cost that much in batch 2 or they really cant wait 2 months than wtf.

why wait when you have some cash to spare, besides someone who has been following a device for several years REALLY WANTS IT NOW

You actually think batch 2 will start shipping in 2 months?

Heh, poor naive you.

Exophase said:

Heh, poor naive you.

lol, I do actually hope that mine will be sent in 2month and i'm 1900+...

Last edited by a moderator:
TylerAW said:
I mean unless someone thinks the Pandora will cost that much in batch 2 or they really cant wait 2 months than wtf.
2 months?
haha_nelson.jpg

gibberish said:
Elwing said:
Exophase said:

Heh, poor naive you.

lol, I do actually hope that mine will be sent in 2month and i'm 1900+...

thats batch 1
yep I know, was just meaning that I suspect first batch2 pandora MIGHT ship before christmas...

I don't know everyone that well on these forums but one of three things is happening here.
1. You are being dicks
2. You are the other half of the board who has a Wiz
3. Pandora Batch 2 will not happen until at least December?

Some people have jobs and they feel like its worth it to them? I think it's a different story when it isn't your parents money.

EBay is for people who have either a) too much cash to spare, or B) too many toys. Either way, let the bobo's have their cake ..

I meant 3 months btw I got 2 stuck in my head :p since they predict September.

TylerAW said:
I don't know everyone that well on these forums but one of three things is happening here.
1. You are being dicks
2. You are the other half of the board who has a Wiz
3. Pandora Batch 2 will not happen until at least December?

I think it's the third one but I dunno those things ain't exactly mutually exclusive and all, jus's'y'know

TylerAW, what i think is happening is that 1) you are being a dick, jealous because someone else is making money of his pandora, probably never wanted it and you just cant stand that he had a place in the queue before you, nor that he is making money, and 3) Batch 2 will probably not happen by December :)

What is it your business what people do with their pandora/money?

This is nothing, remember Tickle me Elmo? Definite supply/demand problems. If you got one when they came out for $30 bucks you could get at minimum $1500, most going for a lot higher. Auctions that make a ton of money don't surprise me at all for items that have supply problems like the Pandora does. Basically this is normal, people either have money to burn or really really want to play a PSX emulator in handheld form.

I think that as soon as people saw 'we have ordered the next 3000 cases from the factory... ' the anxiety centres of their brains engaged at the prospect of 8 months of delays and broken promises from China, and the must-have price for a real, concrete Pandora shot through the roof and killed a passing swan.

Supply and demand my friends... Capitalism!!!

If I`d say... given up 3 months ago and cancelled cos I lost faith even though I wanted one and then read about how its now all happening now, then one cropped up on Ebay... well I`d probably buy it (If I had the cash just sitting there doing nowt!)

I think that we will see these things going for even more than this as the hype starts to resonate though the geeky world of the internet.

I wont sell mine though (when it gets here :rolleyes:) , I`d rather sell a kidney!

Sugar_Kane said:
I think that as soon as people saw 'we have ordered the next 3000 cases from the factory... ' the anxiety centres of their brains engaged at the prospect of 8 months of delays and broken promises from China, and the must-have price for a real, concrete Pandora shot through the roof and killed a passing swan.

That's how it is for me. I'll be putting my money on the bay, if that's what it takes to be sure of a Pandora.

I'm at the end of the line >3500, and money is only one factor, the main thing for me is that the team OP have produced exactly the device I want. I am very concerned with the case factory, and in my mind paying extra is well worth it, to ensure I get a unit.

Obviously I hope for the best, and the best thing in the world would be that I get my order in the next two months. But my confidence is blown, and if there is even any talk of changing the case manufacturing process, then god only knows when they might ship.

So on the one hand, I optimistically clutch at my pre-order. On the other hand the Pandora really is the device I need, and if I have to put more money down to secure a unit, so be it.

Ebay/Painted unit/Broken Nub unit. Whatever, have cash will buy.

C_S

Both Craigix and EvilDragon admitted that people were offering ridiculous amounts to jump queue, they declined out of courtesy to those who showed early faith. It's no surprise to me to see ebay auctions going for 300% or more.

Philly said:
Supply and demand my friends... Capitalism!!!

Always you are using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Well, only in a free market capatalist system does supply and demand truly show. Any other system tries to distort supply and demand or prices.

Back