Ohboy Caanoo Port

qbertaddict said:
I already supplied a copy of ohboy with the correct mappings it is two posts up

Yeah, but the start/select button mappings are screwed up.
Why make the home button pause? Start and Select should be I and II, Home ALWAYS being Home.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can have it change i just like the buttons to be exaclty like the gameboy. Where they are mapped now is how they were on the gameboy. I will get it changed and upload for you unless you want to do it

qbertaddict said:

yeah i know thanks, But its not the mapping i want.

(for example:a= run x=jump for mario land 2)

i made these changes in the uploaded source

renejr902 said:
qbertaddict said:

Oh sorry I thought you wanted the correct mappings for a and b my bad

qbertaddict said:
renejr902 said:
qbertaddict said:

Oh sorry I thought you wanted the correct mappings for a and b my bad
LOL

Just a thought... but why not use the A/B/X/Y buttons as a D-pad (as an option?) Sounds like a good idea to me... adding a feature like that.

Com64 said:
Just a thought... but why not use the A/B/X/Y buttons as a D-pad (as an option?) Sounds like a good idea to me... adding a feature like that.

Yeah and rotate the Screen 180° and use HELP1/2 for Buttons ;-).

I think i will add this to my Snes port. But i need more Buttons than.

i compiled 3 different oh boy buttons mapping

IMPORTANT: You have to rename my ohboy files to OhBoy.gpe and not ohboy.gpe O and B are capital letter. EX: Rename ohboyrene1.gpe to OhBoy.gpe After that you replace your OhBoy.gpe by my OhBoy.gpe.

ohboyrene1.gpe= A= Run( B ) X= Jump(A) I = Start II= select
ohboyrene2.gpe= X= Run( B ) B= Jump(A) R= Start L= Select
ohboyrene3.gpe= X= Run( B ) B=Jump (A) Y= Start A= Select

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UNUNOYW6

i could upload the file to gp32x, but i dont know how to do it.

ENJOY

i prefer the buttons mapping ohboyrene3.gp3

NOTE: If you want a different mapping you can ask for it, i will do it when i have time.

NOTE2: Please comment my files, its only my 2nd time i code something with SDK. if you have any problem or the buttons mapping is wrong , just tell me. i tested all my files before uploading.

NOTE3: i add this one ohboyrene4.gpe= A= Run( B ) X= Jump(A) Y = Start B= select http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EMZN7CZW (ohboyrene4.gpe only)

SiENcE said:
renejr902 said:

Sorry but, do you mean this by real?

Better an an configuration Option in the Emulator Menu.

im not able to do it.

i read some sdl information and half of my C++ book and i read a lot of source. But still i dont have enough knowledge to do this.

i tried 3-4 hours to make a fullscreen oh boy and didnt suceed. the best i got is a fullscreen size gameboy game but inside the 160 x 144 resolution. So its not usable at all. its completly overscan.

i tried to learn some codes reading the snes9x4c source but its very difficult. i try to find the cpu speed mhz parameter, but i didnt find anything relate to that. i modified very basic things and compile and it work. after that i read the nes for caanoo source it was more easy but i cant compile this one.

i will try to make a homebrew first.
i REALLY want to port emulator but im not ready for that thats for sure. i compared some wiz source vs caanoo, but its not enough to code a port.
i need several months to figure all of this. i made some turbo pascal in the past but it was 10 years ago.
i did that too if someone interested: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/57083-tong4wiz-2-new-edition-no-ball-edition-blocks-shape-changed/
So it could take a lot of time to get my fullscreen OH boy Working !!

renejr902 said:

IMPORTANT: You have to rename my ohboy files to OhBoy.gpe and not ohboy.gpe O and B are capital letter. EX: Rename ohboyrene1.gpe to OhBoy.gpe After that you replace your OhBoy.gpe by my OhBoy.gpe.

NJOY

NOTE: If you want a different mapping you can ask for it, i will do it when i have time.

NOTE2: Please comment my files, its only my 2nd time i code something with SDK. if you have any problem or the buttons mapping is wrong , just tell me. i tested all my files before uploading.

NOTE3: i add this one ohboyrene4.gpe= A= Run( B ) X= Jump(A) Y = Start B= select http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EMZN7CZW (ohboyrene4.gpe only)

can you make the buttons
x= Run( B ) b= Jump(A) I = Start II= select

thanks

renejr902 said:
SiENcE said:
renejr902 said:

Sorry but, do you mean this by real?

Better an an configuration Option in the Emulator Menu.
i tried to learn some codes reading the snes9x4c source but its very difficult. i try to find the cpu speed mhz parameter, but i didnt find anything relate to that.

Snes9x4C has, until now, no overclocking. I will add it to the next release.

My gameboy roms or not loading - there in .zip as it says it supports this format in the readme,
Keep getting thrown back to the caanoo menu - I know these roms are good because I`ve used them before
on my Dingoo - and no I havnt tried unzipping yet as I was hoping I would not have to....

Any ideas, never wanted to start a new thread as this was a Ohboy descussion :)

ruffnutts said:
My gameboy roms or not loading - there in .zip as it says it supports this format in the readme,
Keep getting thrown back to the caanoo menu - I know these roms are good because I`ve used them before
on my Dingoo - and no I havnt tried unzipping yet as I was hoping I would not have to....

Any ideas, never wanted to start a new thread as this was a Ohboy descussion :)

Yeah, as CKeichel says, the ZIP support doesn't seem to work. .GZ compressed ROMs seem to be OK.

I had planned on tweaking stuff on the emulator to tidy things up/add features, but I'm working on my own Caanoo projects and have zero extra time. This was a messy port to satiate a strange Gameboy Double Dragon craving I had while coding other stuff, which I thought other people might like to have. If anyone needs any help compiling the source or adding features, I'll do my best to help :)

Ok I`m must have read it wrong lol - goner unzip and try again, sometimes I worry about myself pmsl :D

EDIT: That`s better Nemesis love it :)

blues2 said:
renejr902 said:

NJOY

can you make the buttons
x= Run( B ) b= Jump(A) I = Start II= select

thanks

http://www.2shared.com/file/OBAD3vND/OhBoyrene5.html

i didnt test the file.
if the buttons configuration is wrong, dont hesitate to tell , i will compile it again. Enjoy

Back