Oh How I Wish....

Pickle

Mega GP Mania
Website
Visit site
Can someone figure out a way to zap the flood of morons that ask stupid questions in recent months?

It is just me or have there been a lot of "users" that can barely turn on their GP32/GP2X and then ask questions about simple things.

I was trying to help a guy who wanted to get a flight stick to work, and then a couple posts the dude is asking which flight stick to buy.

Another guy seems to post a thread per app on how to get it to work.

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, i think im better. Feel free to use this thread to vent from user stupidity!

Pickle said:
Can someone figure out a way to zap the flood of morons that ask stupid questions in recent months?

It is just me or have there been a lot of "users" that can barely turn on their GP32/GP2X and then ask questions about simple things.

Ok, i think im better. Feel free to use this thread to vent from user stupidity!
It's been real, real bad lately, it's not just you. I'm guessing it's the flood of younger kids that had to wait until Christmas to get the GP2X instead of just adults randomly purchasing one. That, and the F200's recent release.

I am used to the Something Awful forums I use to frequent: If all this happened there. there would be mass slaughter as hundreds of people got banned left and right, a sea of newb blood would wash over the fourms.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, the quality of this forum has dropped to a low. Pity. People tend to post silly topics as the GP2x has been done to death; unfortunately if there is a good topic posted it gets whacked to the bottom of the forum page from lots of repetitive postings.

So so many topics about D-pad and batteries; yet all questions answered before...

namco said:
If you think this is bad, wait until the Pandora comes out..... <_<
Maybe Pandora should run a intelligence program at startup and until you give the correct answers it wont work? :rolleyes:

On the software problems dont you just want to shout

"READ THE F***ING READ ME FILE"

We still have one of the very best forums in the world though, have you ever seen the gizmondo or some of the PSP forums? :)

craigix said:
We still have one of the very best forums in the world though, have you ever seen the gizmondo or some of the PSP forums? :)
Personally I have not. I love this forum, but sometimes you just want to hit your head against a wall.

I think the main issue is many problem users dont want to take the time to just try something or take a little time to find the answer on thier own first. It like well I just post and have someone else find it the answer for me.
I would assume it probally is worse at the PSP scene with having to have specfic firmwares just get homebrew. Im sure the reoccuring thread is probally "What firmware should I use" "how do I use X firmware"

craigix said:
We still have one of the very best forums in the world though
I think I speak for the majority of people in #gp2xdev by saying : "Ouch!"

The Pandora will give you 100 random sums when its first turned on and you have 2 minutes to answer them all. If you get less than 90%, it will refuse to go any further and you'll have to power cycle to try again.

That should stop most of the problem users quite nicely :) (The time limit should hopefully also mean they can't cheat and use a calculator).

Squidge said:
The Pandora will give you 100 random sums when its first turned on and you have 2 minutes to answer them all. If you get less than 90%, it will refuse to go any further and you'll have to power cycle to try again.

That should stop most of the problem users quite nicely :) (The time limit should hopefully also mean they can't cheat and use a calculator).
Its true! You are a coding genius!

It just hit me...no wonder we have to have a keyboard on pandora!

Squidge said:

How do you answer to a sum? ;)

Haha... no way, the forums would be flooded with questions about how to solve the little "riddle"! How about writing a little pandora virus... not a harmful one, it would just alter your pandora bootloader and you would have to solve a random equation at bootup or the system locks and you need to power cycle to try it again. And an online rating system to show who has solved and who has failed the bootup test.

Edit: Ooh, Ooh! Guys, Guys: It needs to show the message "You have opened the box of Pandora! Can you handle the truth?" before showing the equation! OMG this is so genius my head want to explode... I wish I knew arm asm.

xnopasaranx said:
It needs to show the message "You have opened the box of Pandora! Can you handle the truth?" before showing the equation! OMG this is so genius my head want to explode...
That's not "genius" at all, that's obvious and hardly witty or funny.

I wish I knew arm asm.

Learn it. If you know C, type stuff in C and look at what the compiler throws out (with gcc -S). That's a good way to crash your way through learning ASM. This and documentation on what opcodes do. By the way, what does it have to do with the rest of whatever you said?

A_SN said:
xnopasaranx said:
It needs to show the message "You have opened the box of Pandora! Can you handle the truth?" before showing the equation! OMG this is so genius my head want to explode...
That's not "genius" at all, that's obvious and hardly witty or funny.

I wish I knew arm asm.

Learn it. If you know C, type stuff in C and look at what the compiler throws out (with gcc -S). That's a good way to crash your way through learning ASM. This and documentation on what opcodes do. By the way, what does it have to do with the rest of whatever you said?

He probably would like to create a startup screen using though`s words, Either via a picture or words appearing on the screen at bootup, Maybe ?, If he knew arm assembler, Though C would probably suffice.

Just a guess.

Trooper

I'm with craig on this one, DCEmu is about a hundred times worse than here, and QJ.net can be even worse than that :/

I think it would help a lot if redundant topics would be deleted instead of just locked or ignored.

Back