• Pandora Logo Redesign

quartercast

Hi guys,

A little while ago I said I might have a go at redesigning the pandora logo, for my own practice and contribution. Since this is primarily a gaming device, I wanted the logo to look playful to a certain degree whilst remaining composed and professional. I also wanted the logo to represent a key feature of the device itself. Therefore I took inspiration from the pandora keyboard and came up with this:

pandalogosd0.png

Up top is the B/W logo and reversed out version. Below that are some possible color schemes which I think portray a youthful/playful feeling. At the bottom is a quick and dirty 3D-render. I had a bit of fun with this, it took me a couple of hours to come up with the concept and final design. Time to eat breakfast!

Enjoy, and I welcome your comments.

Edit: I realise the demographic for this device might be a bit older, so below is a more "classic" color scheme. And a wireframe graphic thrown in for fun :)

pandalogo2bm9.png

They look very well done, but I think I like the current Pandora Logo now, it looks more commercial than these do.

x68000 said:
Nice work although i prefer the logo used on the official renders
Me to. If they use the same logo on the finished pandora it's gonna look awesome :lol: Great job whoever did the rendering btw..

Last edited by a moderator:
The text is quite good; I like it about as much as the text on the logo on the official website right now.

I'm not so hot about the three keyboard buttons thing. I don't know, it just doesn't seem balanced for me.

Thanks for all your comments guys, much appreciated!

second exodous said:
They look very well done, but I think I like the current Pandora Logo now, it looks more commercial than these do.
I'm not quite sure what that means.. if you mean corporate, well I think the whole point of this device and its name is to get away from the corporate BS and concentrate on the features and development platform.

Esn said:
The text is quite good; I like it about as much as the text on the logo on the official website right now.

I'm not so hot about the three keyboard buttons thing. I don't know, it just doesn't seem balanced for me.
Hmmm, ok... balance in terms of?

ashdjones said:
I like it, but not really the colours you've chosen.
Point taken, new colours uploaded to first post. I think the initial colours were a bit bubblegummy, i do like them though.

No, I like bubblegum colours but the exact shades you've chosen don't work for me. I think maybe it needs some more detail/shading whatever because white text with a bright background, set on white doesn't really work for me (especially the yellow one). Also, the shapes of the keys seem much more distinctive at larger scales.

Kings said:
They are nice, but the logo competition was awhile ago.
There was no official competition.

I like the logos!

Nice stuff. I really like the one with the "colder" dark purple colour, that was edited in later. I really like that. :D I rather like the black and white one, the original orange, and the blue that's directly above the aforementioned "cold" dark purple, too.

jakshep2 said:
I know a logo got decided ages ago, but what the hell with it. here's mine:

While pretty, that would make a horrible logo. Logos need to be simple enough for easy reproduction across vastly different mediums. And how, without laser etching, would you carve that on plastic?

However, I can totally see that as a wallpaper. Just not a logo.

nim said:
jakshep2 said:
I know a logo got decided ages ago, but what the hell with it. here's mine:

<IMAGE>

cool graphics, how did you make that?

OP's logo looks scool. I start wondering what the three merged blocks represent though?

Building blocks- how everyone in the community helped to form the Pandora!

:lol:

Back