nVIDIA SHIELD™ Portable 2 - Coming soon?

On a slightly tangential note, I just got my daughter a Tegra Note 7 (Tegra 4) and for the money, I'm seriously impressed. 88 quid for a manufacturer refurbished A1 grade machine.

Very quick and nice. Screen res is only 1200x800 but with a 7-inch screen it's perfectly acceptable.

On a slightly tangential note, I just got my daughter a Tegra Note 7 (Tegra 4) and for the money, I'm seriously impressed. 88 quid for a manufacturer refurbished A1 grade machine.

Very quick and nice. Screen res is only 1200x800 but with a 7-inch screen it's perfectly acceptable.
Yes, it is really nice.  I have one as well and using the ouya control on it to play DraStic.  No need to root.  Awesome!

TBH, if I was in the market for a tablet (I'm not, I have a Samsung ATIV PC Pro - Windows 8.1 tablet PC and a Kindle touch, so all bases are covered really), I'd have bought one like stat. Especially just to play Portal/Portal 2.

Did they ever sufficiently reduce the audio lag on the Shield/Android to unnoticeable levels for emulators?

Android L is meant to address audio lag. Will have to see when it comes out soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm giving nVIDIA till the 31st of December 2015 to announce a Shield Portable 2 or else I'm going to set all my nVIDIA products on fire, including all my nVIDIA Shield posters.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm giving nVIDIA till the 31st of December 2015 to announce a Shield Portable 2 or else I'm going to set all my nVIDIA products on fire, including all my nVIDIA Shield posters.
You don't want to risk the fire getting out of control.  You can send them to me and I will set them on fire for you.  ;)  

If this happens , let me know about the fire date, I'll come over and film it :p

Back