NVIDIA GTX-970 Class Action Lawsuit

not confirmed yet anyone will get 30 bucks back. still pending final judgment.
[doublepost=1470097729,1470097651][/doublepost]
Users get 30 bucks back, but the lawyers get 1.3 millions back :)

Inaccurate. If there are hundreds of thousands of GTX970s out there, this means the lawyers get much less overall than the users.
100 000 -> 3 million already.

the best case scenario would be that they could expect to receive 12.5 percent of $350, or $43.75 each.
Like... what? If you buy a car and it turns out one of the wheels is prone to falling off, you don't get a 25% rebate, you get a replacement car where everything functions exactly as advertised.

But it's not like a wheel falliing off - that could cause a crash and injure you. This is more like you buying a car and actually, while operating it produces more noxious fumes than they claimed it did, e.g. you bought a Volkswagen diesel.

Aye, a bad analogy. The point was that you can't just take the percentage that's missing and pay it back: the advertised number was a selling point that swayed sales, and that should play a part in any final decision. How many people picked this one that would've picked something else if they'd known only 3.5GB would've actually been usable?

If you're resident in the US, and not unable to join a class action lawsuit for any other reason, that is.
People outside the US don't have computers yet, that's why ED is building one that fits into those tiny holes in the ground and doesn't need to get near a power source too often.

not confirmed yet anyone will get 30 bucks back. still pending final judgment.
[doublepost=1470097729,1470097651][/doublepost]

Inaccurate. If there are hundreds of thousands of GTX970s out there, this means the lawyers get much less overall than the users.
100 000 -> 3 million already.
Heh, my point is lawyers benefit from this in the end. What are you gonna do with $30 bucks back? Like WizardStan said, you can't fix the card.

Yeee. Got the GTX 970, but not the american ID card. And I'd gladly have 30$ off the 1070. Gosh is that one pricey as hell... better wait a few months.

Went and bought a 970 earlier this year for like $270 on a good deal. Amazing card, this just sweetens the deal! Nice

Heh, my point is lawyers benefit from this in the end. What are you gonna do with $30 bucks back? Like WizardStan said, you can't fix the card.

What's wrong with getting 30 bucks back anyway? That's the way Justice is supposed to work. They did not communicate properly about the amount of RAM, and they pay you back for the difference. Were you expecting they would pay you back the price of the full card or something? It's not like they sold something that did not work at all.

Were you expecting they would pay you back the price of the full card or something? It's not like they sold something that did not work at all.
To be fair, and I don't understand US consumer protection laws, but I'd expect you could return the card to the supplier and get your money back, although it would be easier if you did it as soon as you noticed it couldn't run what they'd promised it would. This way though, you get 30 bucks and to keep the card for very little effort.

Back