Nulldce On The Beagleboard

'Pleng' said:
I, for one, would love to know if there's any way to find out which games rely on WinCE, and therefore will not be able to run on Pandora.
4x4 Evolution
Apricot (T37910M)
Armada (T40301N 00)
Atari Anniversary Edition (T15130N)
Caesars Palace 2000 (T-12504N)
Championship Surfer (T41403N)
Densha de Go 2 (jp)
Ducati World (T-8113N)
Get!! Colonies (jp)
Hidden and Dangerous (T-40502-N)
Hundred Swords (HDR-0124)
Jimmy Whites Snooker 2 (eu)
KISS Psycho Circus (T41901N)
Kitahei Gold (T39801M)
Maximum Pool
Midway's Greatest Arcade Hits Vol. 1 (T-9713N)
Midway's Greatest Arcade Hits Vol. 2 (T-9714N)
Miss Moonlight (T18702M)
NFL Quarterback Club 2001 (T-8115N)
Nightmare Creatures II (T9504M)
Puzzle Bobble 4 (aka Bust-A-Move 4
Railroad Tycoon II (T41902N)
Rainbow Six (T40401N)
Resident Evil 2 (T7004D 50)
Rogue Spear|Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Rouge Spear
Rune Jade (T14304M)
Sega Rally 2 (MK-5101950, HDR0010)
South Park: Chefs Luv Shack
Space Griffon|Space Griffon VF-9 (T39601M) (jp)
Space Griffon|Space Griffon Blue Steel: Variable Formula (jp)
Spirit of Speed 1937
Starlancer
Super Producers (T14303M)
Super Robot Wars Alpha (jp)
Super Runabout (T22101M)
Super Runabout|Super Runabout: San Francisco Edition
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six
Tomb Raider Chronicles (T36815D05)
Tomb Raider The Last Revelation (T-36806N, T36804D05)
Virtua Cop 2
White Illumination (T14301M)
Who Wants To Beat Up A Millionaire
Wild Metal (T40501D-50)
World Neverland 2|World Neverland 2 Plus: The Waktic Republic of Pluto (jp)
World Neverland Plus|World Neverland Plus: The Olerud Kingdom Stories (jp)
Worms Armageddon
Worms World Party
Yuki Gatari (T37909M)

- Other: -
Half-Life (Bootleg)
QuakeDC (Titanium Studios, Freeware)
Defense Commander (Titanium Studios, Freeware)
PBA Bowling (Bootleg)
Retro Sonic (Freeware)
GypPlay (Freeware
BoobPlay (Freeware
Sintendo (Freeware)
Gleam (Freeware)

Source: CODE
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=43804

Last edited by a moderator:
now half life using wince on the dreamcast

even if we get a spectacular working DC emu, were not going to beable to play if so, i dont care for it anymore, havnt played HL in a long long time, would have been good to see it again portably, ah well

we might aswell attempt getting wince working to play the pc version of half life which is currently not possible

'Chip' said:
Enough of this crap. DrkIIRaziel and ZeZu can release their software however they please, just as anybody else who codes from scratch can do the same. This is not the place for software-licensing-as-a-religion arguments. Any further off-topic bickering will be deleted.
Phew! Nice one Chip, thought it was gonna get a little out of hand then!

'naples39' said:
4x4 Evolution
Gleam (Freeware)

Source: CODE
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=43804
Nice one Naples. My fears have been quashed! Daytona looks like it should work, and as a bonus so will VF3 (for the 10 whole minutes I'll play it before saying 'meh' and going back to Daytona!)

Shame about Sega Rally but if I had to choose between that and Daytona I'd choose Daytona any day! Yay!

I know it's a basic game but I'm actually really looking forward to ChuChu Rocket! :D

we might aswell attempt getting wince working to play the pc version of half life which is currently not possible

And how would you get it to run with wince? It will never be possible without source!

'mcobit' said:

And how would you get it to run with wince? It will never be possible without source!

mmmm wince pc not possible = wince dreamcast not possible

i wasnt suggesting we got it working
i was pointing out theres next to no hope ;)

'jscinoz' said:
WinCE might be possible, I know that there was experimentation done to try and use WINE to run ARM WinCE binaries on ARM Linux, not sure how much progress was made, but it could be a starting point.
That doesn't mean anything for emulating Dreamcast games that use WinCE.

'Massive' said:
Dammit, no Armada.

That was an awesome DC title.
Yeah it is! I love that game. If there is one game that screams for a remake using FOSS, it's Armada. That game needs to be reborn and would really play well on the Pandora.

*Note: amateur rant* I feel like it would be pretty doable with many of the cross platform engines, as it is only a 2d plane with 3d objects in it. I don't see why any of the quake engines, vegastrike or other FOSS engines couldn't be used to make something like Armada. Anything that would scale well and has the networking in place.

I dont know much about emulating, but id like to know if its possible to play phantasy star online (maybe even online by connecting to schthack using codebreaker ?!?) ? id really love to play pso on the pandora :wub: . maybe you can emulate even the broadband adapter..? excuse my noobish question <_<

'SinusRoris' said:
I dont know much about emulating, but id like to know if its possible to play phantasy star online (maybe even online by connecting to schthack using codebreaker ?!?) ? id really love to play pso on the pandora :wub: . maybe you can emulate even the broadband adapter..? excuse my noobish question <_<
Since they haven't got the network stuff working fully on Windows yet I wouldn't hold my breath.
I know this has been said before but it really is excellent to have the NullDC guys on board so early, their emu is miles ahead of the rest. Also it probably couldn't be underestimated just how much marketability this will add.

'jscinoz' said:
WinCE might be possible, I know that there was experimentation done to try and use WINE to run ARM WinCE binaries on ARM Linux, not sure how much progress was made, but it could be a starting point.
sorry, but WinCE should not be a problem... well not a big problem (building a target image without the BSP should not be fun)... but most people does not seem to understand that running WinCE will not change the hardware architecture (ie: binaries not compiled for the good processor will not run, WinCE or not) and even more people have not understood that WinCE share almost NOTHING with windows XP or their standard desktop windows, it will not give the slightest help to run windows XP games...

I think there was some reference to the Dreamcast running Windows at one point, but this would not help as the Pandora is a different architecture, and we don't have the source code to those programs to re-compile them anyway.

'lulzfish' said:
I think there was some reference to the Dreamcast running Windows at one point, but this would not help as the Pandora is a different architecture, and we don't have the source code to those programs to re-compile them anyway.
So you'd want the devs to develop a what? An emulator running an emulator? Yh I reckon Crysis at 60fps is now officially a possibility. ;)

Back on topic, heres hoping that the Devs have a new video or progress report coming soon!

This really is the one thing that excites me (Pandora related) right now!

Regarding the above misunderstandings about Dreamcast and Windows

It is NOT regular Windows it is Windows CE and a few games run on it and it will not run regular windows programs

now for the second part It would be impossible to Legally distribute a runnable Windows CE on the emulator since MS would never license it

So wait, is the WinCE thing a technical issue or a legal issue? Because given the fact this is an emulator I'm guessing some of the guys here may possibly have a cavalier approach to intellectual property and could acquire the necessary files by 'other' means. In a similar fashion to the PS BIOS in emulators.
I'm speaking purely in hypotheticals of course, for intellectual curiosity.

Wait, what? Sorry i don´t get it.
There´s a dreamcast emulator. And there is a dreamcast compatible WinCE binary.

Why can´t we use the emu to run the binay? Is it somehow stored in the dreamcast and there´s no way to dump it?

Back