Nub Replacement Question

atomicthumbs

I am the king of the collectors, with hospital bed
Website
printeronfire.org
My nubs have decided to test the boundaries of their freedom, and the left one is no longer returning to center consistently. I'm gonna need to have them replaced (along with my LCD cable) when I can finally ship my Pandora off to England.

My question: can the nubs be desoldered, or will the entire board need replacement? I'm just wondering if I'LL BE ABLE TO KEEP ALL MY DATA.

(er, excuse the capslock; I'm still getting used to the pandora keyboard :p)

OTOH they might need to send it to Texas for the desoldering+resoldering process (atleast they've said something to that effect), and if they already have an another working board, I'm guessing that by default they will just send your old board for rework at Texas and send you a different board back. Or you might need to wait for a lot more of shipping and stuff if you ask them to give back the same board...

Yep, they're going to Texas to be desoldered.

With PNDs, all your stuff is on your SD Card, so no biggie.
If you have something in your Home-Directory as well, just copy it completely over and back later (don't forget the missing files).

That's it :)

Do a dd from the NAND to a file on SD card, and then dd it back when you get your new Pandora?

This is good to know as my left nub has done the same thing.

I'd rather put up with one nub working and return it (within warranty) when more are getting produced.

Does GBAX the OP team have an issue with me doing this? Or should I return it now?

*edit* actually this isn't an OP team question as I bought it from Craig.

Good to know. Thanks, guys. :)

Aaand my left nub is refusing entirely to return to center. I had to disable it (joystick mode) to keep my mouse pointer from attempting to escape the screen.

Ho! my left nub just started to do the same since 2 days ago. At first it just went little crazy by just having my finger in contact with the nub. Then it got worse to the point that without even touching it the cursor always wants to escape through the right side of the screen and join yours! I needed to disable it as well.

I'm wondering how I'm gonna do the right and middle presses with the stylus...

^ Right press should be tap and hold, middle press I don't know. Urjaman made a hack to put left and right click on the shoulder buttons(see Tweaks Thread).

Back