Not Charging

lnx64

My Caanoo is no longer charging. It's charge light flashes for a split second, or stays on for a minute, but then promptly goes out and won't charge anymore.

I tried a different cable, USB port, and even my iPads wallcharger, nothing is working..

Oh boy, it's not even a few months old yet.

No ideas? I don't know who to contact and weather GPH has a 1 year warranty.

Are you sure the battery isn't full? I had that problem with my Nintendo DS and realized it didn't need charging. xD

Yea, I'm pretty sure.. Considering I left it to play a movie on repeat all night to completely drain the battery, and plugged it in, and it said fully charged within a half hour with the charge light out, this thing has NEVER charged that fast, usually takes a lot longer.

Ok this is bad.. My Wiz won't even charge OR turn on at all.. The chargers work fine, perfect 5v coming out and charge other things fine, even on the computer it isn't working and I tried other cables..

These batteries suck!! I won't ever by a GPH device ever again..

I know this sounds weird but I don't think it's a battery issue. From my experience when batteries 'go' they seem to charge fine and take the normal amount of time (maybe a little less) but then they just don't hold the charge. Also, the fact that 2 of your handhelds have the same issue seems a little peculiar. Can I ask what your using to charge your handhelds (the type of lead) and how your connecting them (through USB on PC or mains adapter etc)? The more detail, the better (brand names etc)... :)

The Caanoo actually started working fine, it's like it needed an exercise a little, cause now it's doing it's normal charging procedure. I was using my Mac Pros USB port, an iPad charger, that's it.. I used the cables that came with the Wiz and Caanoo, and even tried the TV cable one..

The Wiz is just completely dead, it never even tries to turn on. The Caanoo did always turn on at least..

How hard is it to change out the battery for the Caanoo? I know that Nintendo has User Swappable batteries for all their devices. I think I remember seeing a website that sold Rechargeable batteries for the Caanoo and they were just Standard AA Rechargeable batteries. The Caanoo has 4 standard Philips head screws in the back. Maybe you could open it up and replace the batteries for the Caanoo and the Wiz (I don't have a Wiz, just the Caanoo).

Back