Noob Here: Fba & Cps2 Problems

Silverchild79

Still Fresh
Hola,

So I saw this gadget on think geek and had to have it. I started acquiring the emulators, compiling ROMS from disks I had from LONG ago and started to get down to buisness loading this stuff up.

NES: No Prob
SNES: Piece of Cake

I loaded the CPS2 emulator but found out the roms wouldn't work, then I remembered that I always used them with FBA so I loaded that up and presto! Only half of them worked :-(

The later Capcom stuff (MVC, SFA3, D&D,etc) attempts to load but always freezes at "4096Kb graphics" in the "now loading" screen

I actually got SFA3 to load in CPS2 after making the chace for it but it freezes as soon as it opens and all I get is a black screen which says "game loaded" at the top and "six button game" at the bottom. It freezes like that

A couple other oddities..

I didn't get a stylus, was I supposed to?

What the heck is firmware, all I can figure out is that it has something to do with the screen ripping, something I noticed on Super Metriod.

Anything else I should know?

By the way, this thing rocks, thanks in advance for the help

Street Fighter Alpha 3 and Marvel vs Capcom freeze for me also at the same place. I wonder if they are too big or something. Both D&D games work for me however. What size are your D&D roms?

Are you certain your stylus isn't inside your Wiz? It is located on the lower-right side and slides out from the back.

Go into settings and scroll down to information, press right. You will be treated with a version number of your firmware. If it is 1.1.0 then you are up-to-date.

Yes, it does rock. Now that zx-81 has begun porting all of his emulators over I'm in heaven. This is the best gaming purchase I've ever made, easily.

Marvel vs Capcom runs beautifully on my CPS2 emulator and I'm running the original Wiz firmware 1.0.0 so I don't think thats your issue, my only suggestion would to download the ROM from another source, these darn arcade emulators are very picky when it comes to romsets.

Also (while I never tried this myself) I remember reading that Street Fighter Alpha 3 is a known issue and will not work. However, if you download the Japanese romset (titled Street Fighter Zero 3) it should load problem free.

and you are using the default setting in the emulator? So weird that the American versions do not work, I have both D&D TOD roms and only the Euro version will load. You would think there wouldn't be so much difference but oh well.

YOu are right, my roms could easily be outdated all my stuff is circa 2001

Does anybody know what to load rominfo.cps2 with? clrmamepro and romcenter don't know what to do with the file. I am a noob so if I am missing something obvious please let me know.

Back