Wiz Is Freezing At The "warming Up"!

meGenius

Still Fresh
hi all,,

nice to be one of the great Wiz community members.
my problem is that i downloaded the wanx GUI menu from the official wiki, after that i used the 'install.gpe' file in that package to install the menu, but it freezes as a lot of my games & applications freezes, so i used the power switch to turn off the wiz, but when i re-started it, it freezes at the "Now Loading.." screen, what should i do??
i believe that what i need to do is recover the wiz original menu, but how to do that??

please, help me!!

rgrds ||| meGenius

try to reload the original firmware (copy the extracted files to an SD card, and switch on the WIZ while pressing the right shoulder button)

Peter R said:
There is no "wanx gui" on the wiki. Are you sure you haven't taken something from the GP2x wiki and put it on your Wiz?

i got it from http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/Main_Page..

rgrds ||| meGenius

Last edited by a moderator:
glezmen said:
try to reload the original firmware (copy the extracted files to an SD card, and switch on the WIZ while pressing the right shoulder button)

trooper said:
You could try some of the suggestions mentioned in this thread (below) and see how you go.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/49597-wiz-freezes-right-after-start-up/

Trooper

thnx for your reply,,

i was about to do that before your reply, but i preferred to wait till some one tell me to do that --as you did :p..
i've downloaded the 1.0.1 firmware version, i booted it with pressing on the R btton, i got the firmware upgrade screen for about 10-15sec, then, it continues loading the system (the yellow background with Now Loading...) & nothing happens..
i'm downloading now 1.1.0 with the hope that it will work, or i will pay some more dollars for exchanging it from playasia.com if they accept..

will tell you what will happen..

rgrds ||| meGenius

meGenius said:
i was about to do that before your reply, but i preferred to wait till some one tell me to do that --as you did :p ..
i've downloaded the 1.0.1 firmware version, i booted it with pressing on the R btton, i got the firmware upgrade screen for about 10-15sec, then, it continues loading the system (the yellow background with Now Loading...) & nothing happens..

be sure that the files are extracted correctly, I have a similar issue (it started upgrade, but after a while it stopped) when there was not enough space on the card to extract everything and I didn't notice the warning

glezmen said:
meGenius said:
i was about to do that before your reply, but i preferred to wait till some one tell me to do that --as you did :p ..

be sure that the files are extracted correctly, I have a similar issue (it started upgrade, but after a while it stopped) when there was not enough space on the card to extract everything and I didn't notice the warning

i have 1 4gb SD card, & it's only 10% filled --only games..
before minutes i finished upgrading the firmware to 1.1.0 it suceeded & my brother is now playing advance wars 2 through the gpSP GBA emulator..

thnx all ||| meGenius

Back