No Screen When Updating Firmware

GeBeCluck23

I held "R" while turning my Pandora on, but the screen shows nothing. I know it's there because when I push "B" it boots the regular firmware. I want to update the firmware via SD Card, but how can I do that if I can't see the screen?

Okay well, I ended up guessing where the option was for booting from SD, and managed to find it, but that still doesn't explain why the screen was dark... Honestly it took quite a while before it came back on. It was about halfway through when it did. And I had to wiggle the screen, no less...

That would suggest to me that your LCD cable is either loose or damaged...

Does the display look ok when it does turn on? 

- Neelix

Yeah, it looks fine. I actually just had my LCD cable repaired too... And now that I got it reflashed, it works perfectly fine. It still turns pitch black when I go into the boot options though, (I tried it again just to check.) The only other thing that's still weird is that whenever I close my screen, and open it again, it gets all weird looking. I actually am detailing that in another post over here. (I really should combine these two if I could...)

Last edited by a moderator:
  Yep, just reflashed it, still pitch black; I had to do it off of memory. Well, it worked, but I'm still curious as to why this is happening, any help would be appreciated!

maybe a silly question but did you try to press fn+I (to adjust brightness? Maybe your brightness is 0 by default?)

Yeah, still blank. I dunno what to say, it's as if it hasn't loaded the screen yet. I say that because when I let it go normally, (without holding "R") as soon as it starts booting the firmware it looks fine!

Back