Problems re-flashing, blank screen no 'boot from SD'

second exodous

Advanced Member
I have re-flashed in the past but for some reason I can't get it to work this time around. So I have the latest firmware extracted to the top level of my SD card (actually it is a blank 4GB card), I put that card in the left SD slot and held down the right shoulder button while I started my Pandora up.

Nothing happens, just a blank screen. To get it to boot up normally I have to remove the battery.

Any ideas?

I don't have windows, but I did try formatting in the Pandora also. Wouldn't the menu come up even if there wasn't a SD card in the slot? I remember other options but can't remember what they were.

CC pandora I guess?
If so, you need to remove the battery for 5 minutes or so to fully reset as older bootloader has trouble dealing with how newer kernels leave things on shutdown/reboot.

Ah, taking the battery out for 5 minutes did the trick, thanx!

EDIT: Looks like it fixed a few of my problems, it was having speed issues and charging issues. With charging if let the battery drop below 50% it would stop charging at around 73% and I'd need to unplug the charger when the charging LED went off and plug it back in every few minutes. After it got to about 88% it would charge until almost full, 97% or so. Now it just charged a battery 30% to 96% without stopping!

Last edited:
Thanks from me, too, I have experienced the same charging issue like second exodus since last week; will try this.

Back