Bricked Pandora ?

ldaneels

I am having some serious troubles with my Classic Pandora as it is now refusing to boot normally.

To put things into perspective, I tried to update the firmware, but it didn't go through all the way as it stopped telling me there was no more space on my Pandora (I assume it refers to the internal memory). I then tried to redo the update & it told me everything was fine (I doubt that in retrospect).

Now when I boot my pandora, I get to a screen telling me it failed to load the kernel & that I may need to reflash the firmware. When I try to use the default boot, I get "pandora #" and then nothing.

When I try to boot with an older kernel, it boots, but I still can't update the firmware (or rather it tells me it is fine, but when I reboot I have the same problem) & I can't access my SD cards.

When I try to boot with RAM cut for DSP, it kind of works, but a lot of games that worked fine before are broken (I expected that, I guess).

Anyways, my Pandora is in serious need of a complete reflash, but I have no idea where to start.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Reflashing is pretty easy. Just follow the instructions here:

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/topic/12490-superzaxxon-v54-final-has-been-released/

As for the internal memory getting full, you should not save anything in the internal memory. Thats what the sds are for.

So keep your homefolder clean and redirect downloads etc. to the sdcard.

Don't worry. The Pandora cannot be bricked to a point where it is impossible to reset the system to it's factory settings :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Mcobit, I am reflashing the Pandora right now. I went simply for the update in the menu instead of downloading the updater...

As for the internal memory, I install everything on the SD card & to the best of my knowledge there is no redirect. I looked in the home folder & there was only 2MB in there. Any other places on the internal memory where files can be put (I am thinking temporary files in particular) ?

Thanks for your help.

Temporary files are stored in a memory filesystem. Unless something screwy happened with that and instead of storing things to the right tmp directory it was instead saving them to NAND. Probably too late to test things now. Hopefully the reflash goes well.

Ok, just wondering...

As far as I can tell, the reflash works perfectly.

Thanks for all the info.

Back