No more DC online

gp32animefreak

Mighty D Block
Website
Visit site
I had just found out all online games for dreamcast will be unplayable as of Oct.1 ,also ..gasp... Phantasy star online 1 and 2 will be offline a day ealier.
The phantasy star and quake 3, just might make an acception for those games because they are populated enough, but unlikely. :( Im gonna hide under my bed and hug my DC with pso in it and start to cry, hoping its a dream.

I know its extremely sad for us DC fans that play online but we must remember that it was the first system to be fully and succesfully online. Even though we will not have online DC games are constantly being released in japan. Border Down is a new shooter coming out for DC next week i believe which looks simply amazing. So even though we may not have online anymore we still have new games that tickle us in ways that only Sega can.

I cant update my site for some reason, I need to build another one. As for metal slug 2, its goin well considering that immposible devers left. The main problem is ripping stuff from actual game and recoding it to the port. It is not an exact copy!!!! so it will have rough gameplay. Release date hasent been decided yet, but i think sometime around next month.

dreamcast quake3 will always be online since everyone can host a server for it without much work

new games for the dc are actually coming out, there was feet of fure and on the 25th there will be a new arcade shooter named borderdown, also sega is doing a new game.

and i really wanna get the gp32 - dreamcast link cable =) the 2 of best worlds coming together soon

yeah, freeze from DC Petition is doing one or knows the ones who do it... i talked to him, he said first goal is to download mp3s from your dreamcast to the gp32

gonna quote:

About the Games Convention a month ago:
The Dreamcast-Petition.com team is lucky to announce that we have a booth there, additionally the one and only independent booth at the convention. We're going to perform a show especially for videogame freaks, like to do a Feet of Fury- and Dreamcast Karaoke-competition, world exclusive presentation of a GP32 / Dreamcast link cable, first time presentation of the GP32 here in Europe, the (portable) Treamcast, new homebrewn games, applications and ports, more and more rare and unreleased Dreamcast games, and so on. The Games Convention is opened 4 days for the media and visitors.

I know him personally and just mailed him to give me a status update on the whole thing

shotaway posted on Sep 22 2003 at 09:23 PM said:
do they still make dc games?
yes, in Japan only. We get about 5 or 6 a month.

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm so looking forward to linking up my two machines...playing front mission on the train, then transfering the save to the DC and the big tv. lovely!

you mean quake 3 ? not at all

i made a little tutorial for it, you can find it here:

DC <-> PC Q3 tutorial

its written for broadband adapter dreamcasts but it works about the same with modem, all you need it the ip adress of the pc hosting it, then connect your dreamcast to the internet too and join at the right ip

Back