No Gba Love Yet?

Peter R posted on May 17 2009 at 11:17 AM said:
Can you program at all yet? If not then probably not to try starting off with something as ambitious as an emulator as that is a lot of work.
Well, no, I don't have any coding experience (Outside of bbcode and html).
Well :/ I'm better at photoshop and video editing than anything... Is there any way I can help with that sort of thing? I want to make some custom themes for users if I can. The orange theme is an eyesore to me :/

Last edited by a moderator:
darkriku posted on May 17 2009 at 05:55 PM) [quote="Exophase posted on Feb 9 2009 at 07:49 PM said:
I don't know, but leave gpSP alone, I have dibs on it >_> (the version I'll have should eventually be a lot better than the one here"]
Why did you say that and change your mind though it just seems like that statement kept other from porting it sooner and now we are waiting for a port not trying to be mean just saying.[/quote]Say what? That I had dibs on it? My plans for development have changed and it's no longer going to be nearly as simple of a migration path. I could go into details but it'd be long and I don't want to. I doubt I was keeping anyone from porting it thus far.

Exophase posted on May 17 2009 at 08:27 PM) [quote="notaz posted on May 17 2009 at 10:49 AM said:
I'm sometimes using gpSP to play Advance Wars, so will do a build when my Wiz comes (if it ever does"], and if no one does it before me.
Hooray, our hero. Then I'll probably leave that to you and hopefully do other work on gpSP for an eventually release of my own.[/quote]Heh, no need of much super powers for this kind of job.

Hirolaser posted on May 17 2009 at 08:43 PM said:
Notaz, are you still going to be updating picodrive and gpfce for Wiz and GP2X?
yup, those should get some releases after some time, if things go as planned.

notaz posted on May 17 2009 at 08:40 PM) [quote="Exophase posted on May 17 2009 at 08:27 PM said:
notaz posted on May 17 2009 at 10:49 AM said:
I'm sometimes using gpSP to play Advance Wars, so will do a build when my Wiz comes (if it ever does"], and if no one does it before me.
Hooray, our hero. Then I'll probably leave that to you and hopefully do other work on gpSP for an eventually release of my own.
Heh, no need of much super powers for this kind of job.[/quote]
Hirolaser posted on May 17 2009 at 08:43 PM said:
Notaz, are you still going to be updating picodrive and gpfce for Wiz and GP2X?
yup, those should get some releases after some time, if things go as planned.

I really appreciate you doing this and my guess is so does the rest of the community THANKS!

Like I said, if theres anything anybody wants me to do for them (graphics wise or video wise), or anything else, I'm all ears!

i really hope this is ported soon im just looking at my collection of gba and im really excited

Exophase posted on May 26 2009 at 05:04 AM said:
Would you guys not constantly nag the developers? >_>
Who's nagging you not your even supporting the console were talking about so chill

darkriku posted on May 26 2009 at 07:24 PM said:
Who's nagging you not your even supporting the console were talking about so chill
Dude. No. This is not how the GP32X community works. You don't demand software. You don't put words in peoples mouths. You don't have a tantrum when a -highly- respected developer makes a decision that doesn't give you instant gratification. You're carrying on like you've just stepped out of a PSP forum. You chill, and everyone will get along just fine.

Patience my friend, patience. The Wiz have only been out for one week or something. The GBA emu will come when it comes. Not sooner or later. This is homebrew software we talking about, not commecial, so please be patience, and play some SNES, MAME or Sega while you wait. There is around 10.000+ games for these platforms out there.

darkriku posted on May 26 2009 at 09:24 AM said:
I said nagging the developers, not me in particular... you guys keep posting and posting asking for status are like little kids screaming "are we there yet?" And PMing people a few days after they mentioned they'd do something to nag them about how they're doing... why not just let them do what they're going to do and post it when they're done? Nagging isn't going to get it done any faster.

Also, just because I don't want to do gpSP right now and have delegated it to other people (but would do it if no one offered) doesn't mean I'm "not supporting the console." I did Wiz mmuhack, I'm doing Temper for it, and I also intend on working on some other things.. what are YOU doing to "support the console", aside from annoying people?

Exophase posted on May 26 2009 at 07:08 AM) [quote="darkriku posted on May 26 2009 at 09:24 AM said:
I said nagging the developers, not me in particular... you guys keep posting and posting asking for status are like little kids screaming "are we there yet?" And PMing people a few days after they mentioned they'd do something to nag them about how they're doing... why not just let them do what they're going to do and post it when they're done? Nagging isn't going to get it done any faster.

Also, just because I don't want to do gpSP right now and have delegated it to other people (but would do it if no one offered"] doesn't mean I'm "not supporting the console." I did Wiz mmuhack, I'm doing Temper for it, and I also intend on working on some other things.. what are YOU doing to "support the console", aside from annoying people?[/quote]I'm making skins for the Wiz. I took a blind step and tested it on mine, and have gotten a better understanding of how the icons work. :3

Back