No Emulators For Almost A Month Now.

zx-81 said:
back-to-topic: what emulators are missing in the first place on caanoo ? If they were working fine on gp2x f100, if the source code is available, then i can try to port some of them :p

There are 5 emulators which would make the Caanoo 'complete' for me.

- Atari Lynx
- Neo Geo Pocket
- C64
- Amiga
- Atari 8-bit

Last edited by a moderator:
goldenegg said:
zx-81 said:
back-to-topic: what emulators are missing in the first place on caanoo ? If they were working fine on gp2x f100, if the source code is available, then i can try to port some of them :p

- Atari Lynx
- Neo Geo Pocket
- C64
- Amiga
- Atari 8-bit

Can I include FBA4ALL in this list? And get IGS/PGM games supported! :lol:

The Caanoo isn't for everyone, but it certainly is for me. The screen bezel problem on the Caanoo doesn't bother me too much. I'm still trying to get my own wifi dongle working, and I agree that it should have been built in. I can't even get USB networking working, though that's the fault of my laptop, which is the only Linux computer I know of around here. The Caanoo is a lot sturdier than the DS (my last handheld. I know abhor the clamshell design of the DS. Those damned hinges!) and I love the screen resolution and touch screen. The buttons are awesome, and the joystick is really comfortable. I like the shoulder button design because it minimizes accidental bumps, which I had trouble with on my DS and my PSP. I use my Caanoo mainly for music and the games, applications and emulators that are available. I use my PSP for games that require the D-Pad, like Shinobi or Streets of Rage 2, internet, email, commercial games, Playstation games and video. I sometimes pack around my Lynx, GameBoy, or Game Gear instead. I'm glad I've purchased the Caanoo. One of my friends was considering getting one for a while, but after I showed him mine, he's made up his mind.

Back on topic:
I'm satisfied with what's out there for the Caanoo right now, and I'm a very patient person, so I can wait for more software. I've been using LGPT a lot recently. I was thinking of getting started on Caanoo development, (I have a bit of experience with C++ and Python, but not a lot) but I'm just way too behind in real life and can only fit in the time when I have a long weekend or a holiday.

An Atari Lynx emulator would be awesome, but only if it's good. I'd rather carry around my Atari Lynx and my entire Lynx game library than play with an emulator that butchers the sound or video. I was never much of an Amiga gamer, but many Lynx games were ports of Amiga games, so I guess I'd like an Amiga emulator as well. DOS emulation would be spectacular. I wouldn't have to lug around my age-old laptop. I don't even know if N64 emulation is possible on the Caanoo, but I do know that the PSP's N64 emulator is quite slow for most games. At least SM64 and Goldeneye are playable. What about Saturn? I used to have a Saturn way back when I was in grade 2.

The MAME emulator is great. It's loads of fun playing Marble Madness with the G-Sensor. I wish that more software would take advantage of the Caanoo's extra features, like haptic feedback and the G-Sensor.

goldenegg said:
zx-81 said:

- Atari Lynx
- Neo Geo Pocket
- C64
- Amiga
- Atari 8-bit

May I bring you attention to ZX-81's awesome port of Atari 800 for the 8-Bit Atari Computers? ;)

zx-81 said:

My Wish would be a version of Frodo for Caanoo (Frodo, IMHO, it's the best C64 emu for the GPH handhelds, less compatibility than VICE, but much higher performance)...
Thanks in advance! ;)

Back