No cts from bt chip & no power supply adapters

HS3006

Still Fresh
I received two Pandoras from the 50 that were shipped out from Craigx August 10th. I have two issues to discuss.

First, I received incorrect power supply adapters for both units (unknown & unbranded chargers that do not even remotely fit the Pandora's DC input), and according to Jacquelyn, you are waiting for me to send back these incorrect power supply adapters before you ship me the correct ones. I was not upset at the mistake; we are all human. I even considered sending them back to you, but I have been thinking about that quite a bit, and it seems to me that you need to ship me the correct adapters without regard to whether or not I return these incorrect adapters. After all, this is your mistake, not mine. I thought you were sending them out right away. A couple weeks went by and I revisited my e-mail. Now I realize you aren't releasing the correct adapters until I send these chargers back. I am turned off from the idea of doing this favor since you say you will make me wait until I ship your incorrect adapters back. I firmly request two Pandora chargers shipped to me with the shipping option I chose when I ordered, please. My order # is 82HDN23710SB

The second issue is that one of the Pandoras will not enable the bluetooth chip. The script will not turn on the bluetooth light, because the hci_h4p driver reports an error on bootup every time. I have tried unplugging the battery and leaving it out for an hour or longer, and this does not solve the problem. The dmesg reports:

hci_h4p hci_h4p: Registering HCI H4P device

hci_h4p hci_h4p: No cts from bt chip

hci_h4p: probe of hci_h4p failed with error -110

No hci utility provides any useful information, because the driver can't talk to it.

I looked at the Pandora with a working bluetooth chip, and i see in its dmesg:

firmware: requesting brf6300.bin

hci_h4p hci_h4p: BT hci up and running.

On the Pandora with the bluetooth problem, the driver never tries to request the firmware, and it never says it's up and running.

When I open "Bluetooth Preferences" program in Xfce, its output is as expected:

Pandora -> Settings -> Bluetooth [Preferences]- "No Bluetooth

adapters present" and an information message: "Your computer does not

have any Bluetooth adapters plugged in."

Any ideas/suggestions are welcome. If I can do anything to avoid an RMA, I'll try to fix it myself. I really love my Pandora; it is truly everything I hoped it would be, and much, much more.

EDIT: The bluetooth problem appeared on the pre-installed HF5 on the NAND since I first booted the machine, and the error messages also appear on HF6 a4 (NAND or SDHC boot) To be very clear, I did reflash the NAND with HF6 a4, and I have also tried reinstalling HF6 a4 onto SDHC at least a couple of times. The cards I am using show no file system errors, and I use a small FAT partition at the beginning and EXT3 for the rest of the OS. The second card uses EXT2 and both have been checked for errors (none found). I don't have access to the other Pandora, but as far as I know it does not have any issues, and I don't see anything else wrong with the Pandora I use.

Last edited by a moderator:
So see if I got this right. You notified them of the adapter issue, of which they said they would replace when you sent the incorrect ones back. You waited a couple of weeks and realized she was waiting for you to send them back first. You want them to send you new ones immediately, yet despite the fact you have not bothered to send back the incorrect ones, they should have already sent you new ones. Mistakes can be made, but to argue someone should just send something, while you yourself have not bothered isn't a strong argument. My guess is you do not want the expense of sending back incorrect adapters, this I can understand, but they do not want the expense of having to cover for adapters you don't seem to want to send back plus the replacements, keep in mind this error cost them more shipping as well.

Unfortunately, it would seem you will have to send the incorrect ones back, then they will send you new ones, as they said. Jacqueline isn't even on these boards, so I don't see much of an alternative here. Most I could see in the argument would be to ask for coverage of shipping charges for the return of the incorrect ones, but you will have to email her for that. As for other problems, I will let those more knowledgeable help you.

Last edited by a moderator:
So see if I got this right. You notified them of the adapter issue, of which they said they would replace when you sent the incorrect ones back. You waited a couple of weeks and realized she was waiting for you to send them back first. You want them to send you new ones immediately, yet despite the fact you have not bothered to send back the incorrect ones, they should have already sent you new ones. Mistakes can be made, but to argue someone should just send something, while you yourself have not bothered isn't a strong argument. My guess is you do not want the expense of sending back incorrect adapters, this I can understand, but they do not want the expense of having to cover for adapters you don't seem to want to send back plus the replacements, keep in mind this error cost them more shipping as well.

Unfortunately, it would seem you will have to send the incorrect ones back, then they will send you new ones, as they said. Jacqueline isn't even on these boards, so I don't see much of an alternative here. Most I could see in the argument would be to ask for coverage of shipping charges for the return of the incorrect ones, but you will have to email her for that. As for other problems, I will let those more knowledgeable help you.
For whatever it's worth, I agree with Poem58 100%.

If you have incorrect adapters,then you have no need for them and should automatically return.

This is common business practice. As far as they know, you might have 2 good ones and want 2 more for free !!!

It would be nice if they covered the s&h but that would only happen AFTER you sent back your items.

Yes I am lecturing ;)

Good luck .

Last edited:
I would expect OpenPandora to issue a courier collection for such things. They might be the trustworthy party in the retailer->customer relationship, but I certainly wouldn't front the expense to return anything, particularly in such a circumstance!

Good luck getting a replacement.

And how on earth did these incorrect adaptors get shipped in the first place!?

Craig's probably got a bulk crate of adapters, Jackie just pulls a box from the crate and puts it in the Pandora box before shipping it off. If a pallet at the factory the adapters are made at got mixed up (one run gets put into the wrong pile, for example) then there's probably about 10 in a row which are completely wrong and she wouldn't know unless she opened the box to confirm.

You ever had a bag of frozen french fries and found a single mysterious onion ring in the bag? I know I have. Same sort of deal.

Craig's probably got a bulk crate of adapters, Jackie just pulls a box from the crate and puts it in the Pandora box before shipping it off. If a pallet at the factory the adapters are made at got mixed up (one run gets put into the wrong pile, for example) then there's probably about 10 in a row which are completely wrong and she wouldn't know unless she opened the box to confirm.

You ever had a bag of frozen french fries and found a single mysterious onion ring in the bag? I know I have. Same sort of deal.
2 onion rings :)

2 onion rings :)
If they did a courier collection then that would be a very nice gesture.This is less common in the USA, however, some companies do practice that mode of return policy.

Last edited:
its like that bastard canadian coin you find in your change. where do these bastards come from anyways? that canadia is a mysterious place

its like that bastard canadian coin you find in your change. where do these bastards come from anyways? that canadia is a mysterious place
Very common in Florida. It happens all the time especially South Florida. Many,many Canadians come here to visit and slip their pennies through to the busy vendors with faulty glasses on B)

I hate when that happens. It's as bad as a metal slug.

Last edited:
I came back from Florida with two English 5p coins hidden amongst a stack of dimes. I'm pretty sure I didn't take them. I think English and US pennies are easy to confuse, too, but we had so many goddamn cent coins after two weeks, we just left them behind.

I can see how the adaptors might have got mixed up at the factory. What a pain! Every little thing that goes wrong with the Pandora shipments makes me think that my long wait will probably end up sparing me a lot of hassle in the end. Fingers crossed, anyway!

Thanks for the replies on the power supply adapters. They did send me some PSP chargers, eventually, which I find kind of odd, but they work fine.

I still haven't received any responses about the bluetooth chip problem. Does anyone know what to do about a "No cts from bt chip" error in dmesg? I have seen it floating around on the forums in other people's dmesg output, but I haven't located any discussion about it. I am thinking the chip does not work and I'm stuck with it unless I want to RMA it. I just don't understand why it's not working. It doesn't seem like the kind of thing that would be DOA, although I'm sure It must happen. I wonder if there's a chance it could not be making electrical contact. I'm reluctant to crack the case, considering how the plastic's fragility to cracking, unless there's a good chance of being able to fix the problem. Thank you so much.

Back