Nk's New Emulators

^no you wouldn't! Can you imagine the final Bowser fight in wireframe? You'd fall right off and not even know it!

The SNES has sound though it plays very slowly (still? this is my first try with it). The NEOGEO CD emu has received a significant speedup. And I am perfectly happy with no sound for that. The NES emu is almost there. Still some graphical glitches in SMB3 and Ninja Gaiden 2 (the only 2 games I've tested so far). Ninja Gaiden 2 seemed almost full speed while SMB3 was slow in parts.

If NK can do this in such a short time, the future is indeed looking great. I can hardly wait for full speed Genesis and TG16.

The Neo Geo CD emulator is pretty damn smooth now. That's some quick work that.

Anyone know of a way to exit the SNES and NES emulators? Or at least get back to the ROM selection screen?
Click and hold the joystick and press R.

The NeoCD emulator does seem a bit faster, around 5 fps or even more. A very good improvement there.

Can't wait 'til his next set of releases. As it was, I used the NeoCD emulator to impress my friends with the capability of this machine. Very good work.

Did any of you try playing Aero Fighters 2 on the NeoCD emu, I did, IT WORKS!!!!! :eek: :lol: :eek:

I thought something had changed by the way you load the game now, go into neocd.zip folder select ipl.txt. I thought, does that mean the neocd.zip folder can be renamed to anything? Changed it to Metal Slug, opened folder, clicked on ipl.txt, game loads. Now my head spins and I remember that AreoFighters 2 was the other game shown while NK was developing, so I decide I'm gonna to see if it works. Copy over game to SD card same process as before extract files from the iso except this time I just call the file folder Aero Fighters 2. Start NeoCD go into Aero Fighters 2 folder, click ipl.txt wait anxiously and it loaded. :D And now I have two games to choose from for now. :D

KOF94 didn't work, please, to anybody that can translate the readme, does NK say what you can do with this release it would be nice to know.

I'll be posting up a few pics soon ...........................Well, here they are....

af1.jpg
af2.jpg

af3.jpg
af4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I being a N00b here?How do you get Metal Slug working?

I have copied the full Metal Slug directory to the root of my SD (I D/L it from the newsgroups - 66Mb) The dir is called 'Metal Slug' Start the neogeocd.gpe and it kicks me back to the menu :unsure:

PS - just tried zipping the files up (12Mb) and renaming the zip to ngcd.zip and neocd.zip - still nothing. Tries loading and then back to the menu

aerofighters 2 works?? woaahhh
thanks man, tried several games but i forgot this one!

Good catch, d00d! One quick question for you. Why is your low battery light off? Do you have updated firmware? What's the deal?

edit: Removed redundant quoting and huge screenshots.

Sorry, but the light is on, you can bearly see it in these pictures though, pic 2 and pic 3 just have a little red visable.

I think you can put the illusion down to the fact that I focused on the screen, shot in low levels and had a reasonably high shutter speed (as not using tripod) to keep image stable.

I haven't done any firmware updates as I haven't had the need to change anything, yet. :)

Just tried Ironclad, MetalSlug 2 and Pulstar.

Ironclad worked great, No problem, But sadly MetalSlug 2 and Pulstar never, They just took me back to the neogeo`s main screen.

Trooper

Almost all ARM processors are compatible... That's the reason the DS can run GBA but not original Gameboy (the original GB ran on a Zilog80 processor at 3mhz). The DS itself is Powered by an ARM9...

Actually the reason the DS can run GBA games is that it includes the GBA's ARM7 processor in its hardware. There is, for all intents and purposes, a GBA inside the DS.

The Snes Emu is a LOT slower then the last release, I played Flashback half way though on the old one and most of the time it was 15-20fps, now its around 5ish.

On the other hand it seems to be more stable, things like Donkey Kong country used to crash my GP a lot, but not anymore

Almost all ARM processors are compatible... That's the reason the DS can run GBA but not original Gameboy (the original GB ran on a Zilog80 processor at 3mhz). The DS itself is Powered by an ARM9...

Actually: no.

The DS has two Arm CPUs one Arm9 @67mhz and one Arm7@33 mhz.

In DS games both cpus are used. In gba games the Arm7 gets locked at the 17mhz clockspeed of the original GBA and is running the games as it was the GBA itself.

However I don't know how compatible the different arm series are, the Arm7 is much slower than the Arm9 missing some nice instructions they added to the Arm9 series. But if the Arm9 was compatible with the Arm7 then I don't see the need for Nintendo to include the exact same cpu in the DS, that the GBA allready has ;)

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but I can't get the SNES emu to work. I am using the older *faster version*. I have the roms in the rom folder and stuff but when I execute it, all I get is a black screen.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but I can't get the SNES emu to work. I am using the older *faster version*. I have the roms in the rom folder and stuff but when I execute it, all I get is a black screen.
Not all roms work (though more do than don't). Keep trying. Try out ones that are confirmed to work, like SMRPG, FFVI, or Aero the Acro-Bat.

Am I being a N00b here?How do you get Metal Slug working?

I have copied the full Metal Slug directory to the root of my SD (I D/L it from the newsgroups - 66Mb) The dir is called 'Metal Slug' Start the neogeocd.gpe and it kicks me back to the menu :unsure:

PS - just tried zipping the files up (12Mb) and renaming the zip to ngcd.zip and neocd.zip - still nothing. Tries loading and then back to the menu

You need to open up the .iso file and copy the contents into the same directory as your .mp3, .cue file etc. (after you have extracted the contents of the .iso, you can delete it, obviously.) Then make a .zip of all the files (should be about 96) which you put in the neocd directory on your sd card. then run as normal, and bust in your pants when you see the ms title screen :p

Back