Nintendos bluetooth keyboard

elw3

ƐʍlƎ
So yesterday i decided to buy this:

kKCxq62.jpg

the Pokemon keyboard adventure.
Not for the game of course but for the included bluetooth keyboard:

hZYLiyf.jpg

The idea of a Nintendo branded keyboard for cheap money, thats 19€ btw not 1999€, was just too tempting. If you order it online you can get it even much cheaper.
Well i am testing this thing right now with writing this text on it and i must say this makes a nice accessory for our pandora.
My impressions so far:
The design is very clean, there are only the buttons and an on/off switch. Thats it, no caps lock led, no battery indicator. Also the Nintendo logo is on the back and most importandly there is no damn windows flag on the meta key.

The only optical problem is that the keys are printed slightly out of center. Only ppl with OCD would bother about that.
I have no OCD.
I have no OCD.
I have no OCD.
Sorry i need to say this three times.
Build quality is good no surprise here, its also extremly light and despite the small size its comfortable to type on. Except the arrow keys, they are horrible.
GIREQly.jpg
The Missing F keys work with Fn and a number key, similar to what we are used to. But F11 and F12 are missing...
As you can see Ripping the keys out and rearange them in this order was also no problem.

So how good does it work with the pandora? Identifying itself as a normal keyboard it pairs with anything, how georgeous of a gaming accessory. But the bad news is that the pandoras bluetooth system has a few hickups. After suspend you may need 2-3 attempts to connect a BT keyboard. Also the keymap sometimes switches or even mixes with the "normal" for no reason. But that has nothing to do with this keyboard.. just be warned that if you want to use BT keyboards on the pandora its more "Plug, kick it, and play".

One cool thing to note is that DS stand that came with it. The pandora fits perfectly, even the ankle is adjustable. It even holds a 7" verticall standing Tablet, nice thing.

UnwrhJu.jpg
k2je0UH.jpg

If you think about getting a new mobile keyboard let me say that this one is worth the money.
It also comes with a free game! I wont test it, dont ask me about it...I mean you have to type pokemon names to .. AHRG

Sadly not available in North America. You win this round, Europe. We gotta let you have one every once in a while, I guess. :p

No reason you can't use this keyboard in the US, you just have to use a German keymap. And buy it from a German site that ships internationally.

Sadly not available in North America. You win this round, Europe. We gotta let you have one every once in a while, I guess. :p
 Really? When i first looked at it online i found out that there is even a black version that is not avaiable in Europe so i thought  its the other way around.  

That plate with flowers, that's your food? :D
According to my Mother this plate of artificial plastic flowers serves the purpose of looking good.
edit: wiki: "First released in Japan in April 2011,[1] the title was later made available in Europe in September 2012,[2] and Australia in January 2013.[3] The game is packaged with the Bluetooth Nintendo Wireless Keyboard peripheral, and is notable for being one of the few Pokémon titles released in English to not appear in North America."

Australia! Even they have it!

Btw the Black one would be a good match for the black case.

pokekeyboardbk.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for revealing this, now I must buy it.  It's kinda cheap, it's new enough to be!  I wish the keyboard had Pokemon pictures on it though, and that there was a black one with QWERTY. (Edit: Oops, there obviously is. But I'd have to buy the Japanese game)

If you Elw3 don't want the accompanying game, I'm certain one of us such as myself does.

According to amazon.co.uk, you can buy the game and white keyboard for £12.06, I bought mine with shipping to Ireland for 22 euro just now, that's not bad!

Ok, so they sell Keyboards with randomized layouts in a package with a picture of a qwertz-layout-Keyboard?

Or is that "keys are printed slightly out of center" problem some kind of side-effect of photoshop/gimp?

Neo, the german counterpart of dvorak.

I said that i rearranged the keys...

edit: wiki: "First released in Japan in April 2011,[1] the title was later made available in Europe in September 2012,[2] and Australia in January 2013.[3] The game is packaged with the Bluetooth Nintendo Wireless Keyboard peripheral, and is notable for being one of the few Pokémon titles released in English to not appear in North America."Australia! Even they have it!
saw one the other day and nearly bought it...  will have to see if i can find it again..... think it might have been in a EB games store....

I have the Australian one. For some reason they used a UK layout for it, even though the US layout is standard here, which is slightly annoying. Otherwise it's not a bad little keyboard.

- Neelix

Addition: Today after more than 4 months of constant using and never shutting it off my first set of batteries died.

Back