Nintendo Revolution To Launch With 221 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno why, but I'm really excited about the new ninty beast.....

64DD games...Yay
Wonder if Starfox 2 will be released (might have missed it)
Was banjo Tootie ever release too? I heard the remours and saw screens of it being an add on....
And Zelda 64DD

*Orgasms*

64DD games...Yay
Wonder if Starfox 2 will be released (might have missed it)
Was banjo Tootie ever release too? I heard the remours and saw screens of it being an add on....
And Zelda 64DD

*Orgasms*
there is a starfox 2 rom for SNES floating around

Last edited by a moderator:
Starfox 2 was snes....when was banjo tooie released...I just found out now

Interesting, but really if I am going to play a game on a HDTV am I really going to play those low res old games? They are great on the GP32 as a handheld, but if my HDTV is on I will be playing 360 or PS3. Hmmm Starfox 2 or Halo 3, that will be a tough decision ;)

Starfox 2 was snes....when was banjo tooie released...I just found out now

It came out later in the N64's life. It was apparntly going to be an add-on to Banjo-Kazooie because of those six/seven eggs and the ice key that you could only get with the Action Replay at the time, and would have to be in the vein of Sonic and Knuckles as BK didn't recognise the memory card at all.

Passwords were then discovered in Treasure Trove Cove, and you could get the eggs and key. Finally, Banjo-Tooie came out and you just collected a BK cartridge in game (with eyes-that's Rare's character creation team for you) and got the key etc. that way, with no interaction with the original game.

And btw, Banjo-Tooie's worlds are huge (just like Donkey Kong 64) and pretty much ruin the game.

Also, some games on the list I've seen never came out, like Cat Roots or Cabbage. I wonder if Piccasso will ever make it out.

The only thing that is keeping me from being excited about the Revolution is the prospect that the controller will be a touch screen.

During an interview for G4 TV, Reggie Fil-Aimes (spelling?) one of the big wigs for NOA, was hinting about the Revolutions controller. He asked the interviewer, to think about how the Revolution will be able to play NES, SNES, N64 and GC games, and how different the controller was for each of those systems. He then said to... try to imagine a single control device that would be able to emulate the control setup for each of these game systems. I forget exactly what else he said, but it seemed to me to be pointing in the same direction as many of the hints and 'leaked info' we've heard up til now, and that is that the Rev will use touch screens in lieu of regular controllers.

I know some of you say you like using the touch screen of the DS to play games like Mario, but I think most 'normal' people *snicker* would agree that using a touch screen and ONLY a touch screen to control games is gonna suck, if only because there will be an utter lack of tactile feedback (the screen is only a flat surface). You won't be able to 'feel' the buttons, or to feel the spring in the analog stick or buttons... maybe some of you could get used to this but to me, it seems you will have to be constantly looking down at the controller to see where the buttons are.

This would be the one thing that would keep me from buying a Revolution that I can see so far.

a good example is playing an emulator on a pocket pc with the gamepad on the screen, it sucks hard. Thank god my pocket pc has a d pad. But if the controllers of the rev are going to be touch screens then i think i'll pass, that is until they realize they've made a horrible mistake and release a different controller.

I think they will do it via the VIP:Stars

For every official Nintendo game you recieve 250 stars

a NES game could cost 100
a SNES game 200
N64= 500
and GC = 1,000

or something like that

then companies such as konami could offer the same thing with their games

Or they could make it so that when you buy Mario Revolution you get the back catalogue of Mario games (maybe not sunshine)

I think it will encourage 3rd party developers to make revolution games

If that is how they'd do it that would be quite cool, and would really be a push for game sales, since it costs nintendo so little to let you download a 5mb game, but your buying a £40 revolution game

Maybe they will be offered as prizes in game

So if you reach level 5 you get SNES game X, you could get a coupon in the game or something

EDIT: I dont think it will be touch screen as we know it

Nintendo are known for their scrutinous QA tests, so if somethings not right, they'll change it

EDIT: I dont think it will be touch screen as we know it

Nintendo are known for their scrutinous QA tests, so if somethings not right, they'll change it

:eek: Nintendo is also know for liking the abscure so I wouldn't put it past them, if they're QA was so good then i doubt the GBA micro would even be released since from what i remember Bast said at e3, anybody over the age of 8 would have fingers to big to play it.

Nintendo have just said that they haven't finalised the controller. And we will have to pay for the games!

Somewhere on gamespot, i saw it...

They tested the Gamecube controller to death, it went through so many design revisions

although a lot of people hate it (mostly people who used DualShocks for PS1) A lot of people consider it to be the most ergonomic controller on the market

I definately dont think they will release a controller with a flat surface like a pocketpc or a tablet touchscreen

They could have removeable/moveable buttons

I still think they are going to use a Gamecube controller, because it really does work well with any Nintendo console (I have played NES, N64, and GBA games on my GC)

Im not sure what they are gonna do for the real controlelr tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back