Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
daclassicgamingmaster posted on Sep 17 2005 at 07:58 PM said:
tekt5 posted on Sep 17 2005 at 03:24 PM said:
I believe this will be a big success over in japan but may not amount to much in the US.
same with the ds. apparently, japanese folk are oblivious to good gaming/gaming concepts
:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on Sep 17 2005 at 07:58 PM said:
tekt5 posted on Sep 17 2005 at 03:24 PM said:
I believe this will be a big success over in japan but may not amount to much in the US.
same with the ds. apparently, japanese folk are oblivious to good gaming/gaming concepts
I hope in time you will realize what a moron you´ve been.

Fishbong posted on Sep 17 2005 at 03:33 PM said:
Look, when shinneri wrote his GTA comment, he referred in an ironic way to the impossibility of having certain experiences in real life. Like behaving like you do in GTA and stuff.

Magus 86 posted on Sep 17 2005 at 05:48 PM said:
When I play RPGs, I really get into them. And during certain parts of them, I start to get completely numb and then feel like I'm melting into the couch. If I have to be standing up and running around, swinging some stupid controller like it's a sword, I'm not gonna have that feeling. It's a good feeling, and I enjoy it....
I´m not even going to comment what effect this could have on your bodyweight... but it would sure help you to loose a few pounds. You know, your bathroom scale is hating you....

Yeah, it's such a bad thing to feel relaxed and like you're part of the story that's going on in a game, and it apparently makes you fat too...

Well guess what... Long before I ever played any RPGs, I was already fat, and I still am... and I don't really give a shit. Do you know why? Because it means absolutely nothing, that's why. I'd rather enjoy my life, be fat and happy, do and eat what I want to than be constantly worrying about whether or not I'm doing enough exercise and eating food that tastes like shit... or making sure I'm following the latest trendy sit-on-your-ass-and-expect-to-lose-weight miracle diet/pill. By the way, just so you know, my bathroom scale isn't hating me because I don't have one... because like I already said, I'm fat, and I don't give a shit.

I have one question for you... just out of curiosity, since relaxing is horrible for you, do you run laps around your room when you're playing videogames?

Magus 86 posted on Sep 17 2005 at 06:20 PM said:
Fishbong posted on Sep 17 2005 at 03:33 PM said:
Look, when shinneri wrote his GTA comment, he referred in an ironic way to the impossibility of having certain experiences in real life. Like behaving like you do in GTA and stuff.

Magus 86 posted on Sep 17 2005 at 05:48 PM said:
When I play RPGs, I really get into them. And during certain parts of them, I start to get completely numb and then feel like I'm melting into the couch. If I have to be standing up and running around, swinging some stupid controller like it's a sword, I'm not gonna have that feeling. It's a good feeling, and I enjoy it....
I´m not even going to comment what effect this could have on your bodyweight... but it would sure help you to loose a few pounds. You know, your bathroom scale is hating you....

Yeah, it's such a bad thing to feel relaxed and like you're part of the story that's going on in a game, and it apparently makes you fat too...

Well guess what... Long before I ever played any RPGs, I was already fat, and I still am... and I don't really give a shit. Do you know why? Because it means absolutely nothing, that's why. I'd rather enjoy my life, be fat and happy, do and eat what I want to than be constantly worrying about whether or not I'm doing enough exercise and eating food that tastes like shit... or making sure I'm following the latest trendy sit-on-your-ass-and-expect-to-lose-weight miracle diet/pill. By the way, just so you know, my bathroom scale isn't hating me because I don't have one... because like I already said, I'm fat, and I don't give a shit.

I have one question for you... just out of curiosity, since relaxing is horrible for you, do you run laps around your room when you're playing videogames?

Fishy just got....

misc16.jpg

Magus 86 posted on Sep 18 2005 at 12:20 AM said:
no, but I would if they released a medium distance athletics simulator for the Revolution. :p

ok true story:

i bought the RE4 chainsaw comtroller in hopes of it having the motion technology. this was especially appealing to me, as i already beat the damned game 3 times, the last time on hard, and aquired all the weapons, including the chicago typewiter, which enebled me to kill everything in sight without breathing :lol:

i wanted to pwn some townsfolk in a new way....so i bought it, and it had nothing fucking special. i was angry :angry:

I called Nyko, and complained. I threatened them with a misrepresentation lawsuit, and they told me to either return it, or go fuck myself. I chose the latter :huh:

great story, eh?

I've scanned through this thread and the majority of it seems to be Mark and Declaration defending old Ninty against a lot of predictable "innovation?... Shminovation!" comments.

It's always nice to see something exciting like this, that steps that little bit closer to video game immersion.

...and it's always annoying to hear "YOU $%%^^& FANBOY!!!" type outbursts (I wonder if kids are really (actually REALLY) as angry as they sound about a console they don't want to play.

When I read these arguments, I am always amazed at the amount of times I see "The N64 FAILED!!!"... "The XBOX is losing money!!". Since when did gamers become financial analysts??? :huh: Personally, I don't care how many millions of consoles are sold, I just want to have a damn good time experiencing games. ...Which, by the way, Nintendo seems to have managed to deliver this to me time and time again. I suppose this statement has classified me as a fanboy.

After 20 years of on-and-off gaming, I am "hardcore" enough to still go for allnight games sessions and I am "casual" enough to want to just pick up a game and enjoy it from the get go.

Anyway, it looks fascinating and (good or bad) I certainly can't wait to try this for myself.

Magus 86 posted on Sep 17 2005 at 08:20 PM said:

Hmmm.... :unsure:
Magus 86 posted on Sep 17 2005 at 01:48 PM said:
Yes, let's all sit at home and play golf and tennis on our Revolutions. Heaven forbid we ever leave the house and interact with other humans and actually get some REAL exercise.
<_< <_<

Im more excited about this new nintendo system than i am about the 360 or the PS3, im definatly gonna have 1 :)

pubjoe posted on Sep 18 2005 at 01:33 AM said:
I've scanned through this thread and the majority of it seems to be Mark and Declaration defending old Ninty against a lot of predictable "innovation?... Shminovation!" comments.

It's always nice to see something exciting like this, that steps that little bit closer to video game immersion.

...and it's always annoying to hear "YOU $%%^^& FANBOY!!!" type outbursts (I wonder if kids are really (actually REALLY) as angry as they sound about a console they don't want to play.

When I read these arguments, I am always amazed at the amount of times I see "The N64 FAILED!!!"... "The XBOX is losing money!!". Since when did gamers become financial analysts??? :huh: Personally, I don't care how many millions of consoles are sold, I just want to have a damn good time experiencing games. ...Which, by the way, Nintendo seems to have managed to deliver this to me time and time again. I suppose this statement has classified me as a fanboy.

After 20 years of on-and-off gaming, I am "hardcore" enough to still go for allnight games sessions and I am "casual" enough to want to just pick up a game and enjoy it from the get go.

Anyway, it looks fascinating and (good or bad) I certainly can't wait to try this for myself.

Couldn't agree more!!!

If you want a more standard controller, get one of the other consoles.

But isn't it good to be able to choose something new?

Go Ninty, I say!

I do love relaxing, but i think you got this term wrong: Relaxing means to ease out after hard work, workout or mental strain. You cannot just relax- that would be just phlegmatism. And please don´t tell me you need to relax from school or the likes- that´s just a sorry excuse for not knowing what to do with your time (in particular on the evenings, i guess).

Regarding your "i´m fat and happy" theory: Well, one might think you should be content with you physical state, but, honestly: Do you hear your heart thumping after walking a staircase quickly? Do you feel malaise in the face of physical strain? Do you think "that doesn´t matter because there´s elevators and office jobs"?

I bet you do. Go on and be lucky with this.
But let´s have a look at those pics you provided so pleasantly:
Toddcelebrate.jpg
SteyrACT.jpg
You´re a wannabe-soldier.
Isn´t that strange? You dress up and pose and buy plastic guns... looks like you´d like tobe someone else? A hard, death-despising soldier? And still you go and say: i´m happy how i am? Then why do you disguise yourself?

Think about it....

Oh, and by the way: I also wear military clothes and gear. They are my work clothes.

Attachments

• Toddcelebrate.jpg
    Toddcelebrate.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 114
  • SteyrACT.jpg
    SteyrACT.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 108
Revolution will be as popular in japan all over. Maybe not as much in the us but i can see it doing well in europe. The japanese gaming market is getting smaller now and Europe is really heading the whole gaming community. Hopefully ninty wont screw us again and make us wait another 5-6 months to get a revolution like wat they did with the ds.

I don´t care if a system is popular or not, i´ll see if the Rev is good, and if so, i´m going to get one. Nintendo will see to the software support.

I just love how they don´t let thamselves get stuck in the stagnant gaming business.

loz_the_guru posted on Sep 18 2005 at 08:26 AM said:
ha ha ha, i love it when magus gets worked up about something. GO GO GO!

Yeah, it is entertaining, its also funny that in every Nintendo thread, Mark is there to defend Nintendo and fight tooth and nail that its the greatest thing ever once someone post something negative about whatever it may be, no matter what it is. He's Mega Gp32x Ninty fanboi mania.

Fishbong posted on Sep 18 2005 at 06:37 AM said:
I do love relaxing, but i think you got this term wrong: Relaxing means to ease out after hard work, workout or mental strain. You cannot just relax- that would be just phlegmatism. And please don´t tell me you need to relax from school or the likes- that´s just a sorry excuse for not knowing what to do with your time (in particular on the evenings, i guess).

Regarding your "i´m fat and happy" theory: Well, one might think you should be content with you physical state, but, honestly: Do you hear your heart thumping after walking a staircase quickly? Do you feel malaise in the face of physical strain? Do you think "that doesn´t matter because there´s elevators and office jobs"?

I bet you do. Go on and be lucky with this.
But let´s have a look at those pics you provided so pleasantly:
Toddcelebrate.jpg
SteyrACT.jpg
You´re a wannabe-soldier.
Isn´t that strange? You dress up and pose and buy plastic guns... looks like you´d like tobe someone else? A hard, death-despising soldier? And still you go and say: i´m happy how i am? Then why do you disguise yourself?

Think about it....

Oh, and by the way: I also wear military clothes and gear. They are my work clothes.

Hmm... Where to start with this... How about the beginning?

relax: To take one's ease; rest(dictionary.com)

Rest and ease don't necessarily have to be after hard work, so that means you can relax any time you want. No, I'm not about to say I NEED to relax from ANYTHING, but school can be stressful, causing mental strain... that doesn't deserve relaxation?

"regarding my fat and happy theory..."?? THEORY? How the hell is it a theory? It's the truth. I'm fat, and I'm happy; I don't THINK there's a chance I MIGHT be fat. You can confirm that by looking at the pictures. And I don't think I might be happy either. I'm quite capable of determining my own emotions. No, I don't think "that's okay because there are elevators and office jobs." I work at a pizza shop, delivering pizzas. There's no elevator, and it certainly isn't an office job. And no, I don't feel like I need to relax after work because it's not difficult work either... No, I don't feel my heart thumping after walking up a staircase quickly. No, I don't feel malaise in the face of physical strain...

I'm a wannabe soldier? I wear camouflage, and I collect airsoft guns, therefore I'm a wannabe soldier? Okay, I guess fishbong's a fuckin psychiatrist now. So does that mean that if you play Kirby videogames you wish you were a fat pink ball that sucks up everything in sight and gains special powers from doing so? What about all those people who play all those war games? UH OH! I play Twisted Metal 2, I must want to drive around in a Hearse, shooting rockets at people. Look out, Freud. Fishbong's hot on your heels! Did it ever occur to you that perhaps I like the way camouflage looks? What about the fact that I find the cargo pockets and drawstrings found on BDU pants to be convenient? What about the fact that the clothing is comfortable? And as far as the airsoft guns are concerned, how do you know that maybe I don't just like the way the guns look because they're modeled after real ones, whose looks I also like? How do you know that it's just a recreational thing? Does every person who owns any kind of gun and camouflage want to be a soldier? Maybe I want to be a hunter instead. Maybe running around and shooting people with bb guns is just a little more fun and close to the real thing than playing a videogame, so I've decided to do that instead... No, that can't POSSIBLY be it! I must want to go fight some guy with dark skin I have no problem against with a piece of shit .223 caliber gun because Bush wants me to! HOLY SHIT, YOU'RE A GENIUS, FISHBONG! "omg, he posed with his plastic guns!" Yeah, that's because people wanted to see pictures of the guns to see how they looked, and since the specific guns were rare, I decided to be nice and take pictures for them so they could see the guns since I owned them. And if you couldn't tell that the picture of me shooting the AK into the air was a joke, then you're a fuckin moron. The photoshopped muzzle flash should give that away.

Believe me, a soldier is the LAST thing I'd ever want to be, and I'm not disguising myself. If that's supposed to be a disguise, it's the worst one I've ever seen, because you can clearly see my face and tell who I am.

Oh shit, look! Another picture just turned up! Let's take a look, shall we?

fuckfishbong.jpg

Uh-oh, now I'm wearing facial hair! Damnit, I'm one slippery bastard with my various disguises, aren't I? BUWAHAHAHA, YOU'LL NEVER CATCH ME!!!

...you fuckin moron...

Attachments

• Toddcelebrate.jpg
    Toddcelebrate.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 100
  • SteyrACT.jpg
    SteyrACT.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 101
  • fuckfishbong.jpg
    fuckfishbong.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 115