First Revolution Game Pictures

nem posted on Apr 9 2006 at 05:43 AM said:
Fishbong posted on Apr 9 2006 at 11:15 AM said:
it shows that Revo games won´t just appeal to casual or non- gamers, but also to the more traditional (some would say hardcore) gamers.

So dime a dozen action titles cater to hardcore gamers? Uhh, what?
Maybe not, but they do cater very well to those that will buy them. Dime-a-dozen titles are very popular among younger, introductory, or PC gamers, and they are a big source of revenue for the people that make them -- that's why they get churned out so often. Many times it has to do with the level of 'coolness', usually proportionate to the amount of violence, in the video game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fishbong posted on Apr 9 2006 at 02:15 AM said:
Oh well, better than the usual cutey-pie family-friendly Nintendo stuff. Not saying that i necessarily dislike those games (playing Super Princess Peach atm), but it shows that Revo games won´t just appeal to casual or non- gamers, but also to the more traditional (some would say hardcore) gamers.
Here is the irony that I noticed playing BrainAge. That game is definitely not for kids; it's too dry and lack of flashy representation to appeal to adrenaline pumping teenage kids. It's rather adult-themed-subtle-tasting-business-like game, and I don't see any game being more adult than this.

It's funny that many kids believe big boobs and gory graphics with lots of blood mean adult games, while it's not. Real adult games are ones without all those sugar coatings and tastes somewhat like brocolli and fishes that kids never like. ;)

itsme posted on Apr 9 2006 at 02:32 PM said:
Oh well, better than the usual cutey-pie family-friendly Nintendo stuff. Not saying that i necessarily dislike those games (playing Super Princess Peach atm), but it shows that Revo games won´t just appeal to casual or non- gamers, but also to the more traditional (some would say hardcore) gamers.
Here is the irony that I noticed playing BrainAge. That game is definitely not for kids; it's too dry and lack of flashy representation to appeal to adrenaline pumping teenage kids. It's rather adult-themed-subtle-tasting-business-like game, and I don't see any game being more adult than this.

It's funny that many kids believe big boobs and gory graphics with lots of blood mean adult games, while it's not. Real adult games are ones without all those sugar coatings and tastes somewhat like brocolli and fishes that kids never like. ;)
Very good point, but why were you quoting me?

Fishbong posted on Apr 9 2006 at 02:11 PM said:
itsme posted on Apr 9 2006 at 02:32 PM said:

Very good point, but why were you quoting me?
Since you were talking about typical Nintendo kiddy game stuff, it triggered my train of thought that ended up having not much to do with your original comment. I guess, I'll blame it on how my way of thinking works. ;)

Back