Nintendo mini games rumoured for IOS and Android

Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

Nintendo should release some sort of cartridge adapter that would allow the play of older games on newer hardware. The device could either; have all sorts of software/hardware lockouts to deter people from piracy, or just be a simply ROM dumper. Either way, piracy is going to happen (is happening) regardless.

Why on earth would they not release full games? Its one thing to ignore the platform completely. But last time I checked Nintendo makes its money in game and licensing sales and less or none in actual hardware sales. If they are going through the effort to target the mobile platforms why not go all out instead of just a tease? They would make as much or more money in their licensing. I don't care for newer Nintendo games but the logic behind this very much confuses me.

If Nintendo did release full games and a decent chunk of them on mobile devices, imagine the hardware that would be produced because of this. Not necessarily from Nintendo, but from any corner of the market. I think we would see a lot more nVidia Shield type devices, and maybe even an Apple gaming device as well. That would be interesting.

^ There have been intensifying rumours lately that the Apple TV will get the gaming treatment by mid year.  

There are already some emulators on android and IOS  ,but it will be much better performance if that would be normal game.

I for one hope Nintendo stick to their guns and never release a console game on a mobile phone device, it takes the magic away from Nintendo games plus only certain games would work without hardware controls.

"N" really has no plans, and if this is floating around, it is because they are trying to gain back more positive public opinion. For them to do anything on any mobile device at this point, it would not be because they have thought it out and have a solid plan for it's success, but because they feel that is what people want to hear.

I really don't care what they do at this point, as until they change management over there, I don't expect any great ideas or projects to happen anytime soon. The WiiU has been out for awhile now, and they still don't seem to have any clue in regards to what it is, what it can do, or how to promote it. There is no reason to expand business past this point, if there is no clear cut plan for the future. They will end up just looking worse than they do now.

Chris

That idea is ridiculous.

Thea should finally release one of those games they announced 2 years ago on their own console.

It reads like they only want to have Demos onto Mobile Devices. This could be a interesting marketing thing. And it could be a big plus if it would run onto Pandora/Pyra because these have real physical controls. I just can't imagine that Nintendo will convert their games to full touchscreen input.

Most likely an app like the ps4 app. You can buy games online via your phone and check updates etc.

You can also start downloading a game remotely to your ps4 from your phone. When you get home it is ready to play.

Something like that no doubt, something that feeds back into the nontendo eco system.

Android app for Nintendo E-Shop might be a good choice.

Mii(verse) on the go may be.

Back