Nintendo Ds Storage Devices

JerryG20

Hey guys, I'm in the market for some sort of storage device or mechanism that will allow me to play homebrew games, emulators available for the DS, and DS back-up roms with ease and best compatibility. However, these seems to be so many solutions (and many knock-offs) that I don't know which to get or where to start looking first. So, I was wondering what everybody else here recommends and what they use?

Thanks for reading!

I love the R4! Works with pretty much everything, but best of all, it's just the one unit, so you don't have anything ugly sticking out of the 2nd slot or whatever. Get that one.

I'm loading games onto my R4 as we speak. It's a very convenient device, and I wouldn't ask for anything more.

they are all good and all basically the same. I have just got another 2 M3DS reals one to replace my chines eone and one for a friend. They are great and i also just got a 8gb micro sd card and its working fine in the m3ds real :D. Dont know if you have noticed but 8gb micro sd cards are now going for like £20 or less so its a great time to get into ds homebrew and stuff :D

I HIGHLY recommend getting an EZ-FLASH V. They come with a combo ram expansion/rumble pack/gba flash cart doo dad, and the support for it is awesome. Another good choice is the DSTT, it loads games really fast and has an excellent cheat function, as well as supporting auto DLDI patching. And, the DSTT is very cheap. ;)

I have an R4 (came highly reccommended by users of this forum) and its fantastic... So simple to use (drag and drop files onto it) and has been compatible with everything ive thrown at it...

When i bought mine they used to retail at £22.00 plus about £8.00 for a 1gig Micro SD (the memory card it uses) Have seen them recently changing hands for around the £35 mark for the R4 alone so that itself is testament to how popular it is...

The R4 also comes with a USB Micro SD card reader so you can start using it straight away...

Not to be the fun stopper...But seriously, do not get an R4. They were great in their time, but there are cheaper, better made, fuller featured, and easier to use carts out now. The main reason the R4 is so popular is because the newbs look at the reviews from a while back, and think that it is a great card. There is a reason they went out of production, you know. ;) One of the biggest thing the R4 lacks is SDHC support, and Auto DLDI patching, both of which are great features. Also, the cheat system for it is very lackluster. And you can get a DSTT with a 2gb micro sd card for under $35 shipped nowadays, great deals on it. And pretty much all the cards out there do what you want them to do - Pirate video games. <_<

Back