Nintendo 3Ds In March 2011

dnlgreenwood

I'LL END YOU!!!
I have an idea, everyone! Don't let anyone buy a 3DS... that way, Nintendo will have to mark the price down...

Seriously, though:
The DS lite was originally $149.99 in Canada, but since the DSi and DSiXL are out, the price is now $139.99... and the DSi is at $149.99, the DS Lite's old price. Well, to be honest, this isn't a very significant price drop.
If I ever get a 3DS, and if the pricing ratio is anything like the DS Lite (the US price was originally $8-$10 cheaper than the Canadian price,) I might go to the US to buy one, though that would be completely pointless unless I am already in the US for some reason because gasoline isn't free.<br><br>
johncross85 said:
<br>In
Japan the DSi is 15,000 yen which is £113 but it has an RRP of £150 in
the UK. The 3DS will be 25,000 yen which is £189 so with a similar mark
up for the UK it would be about £250.<br><br>Traditionally, there is a
1:1 price between the US and UK, eg the DSi is $150 (according to
Amazon) while, as mentioned above, it's £150 in the UK. So, $250 in US
and £250 in the UK would be pretty typical for Nintendo's pricing
structure.<br><br>John<br>
<br><br>15000 yen is about $180 Canadian... and the DSi price is about $150 in Canada... does that mean that the price of a DSi is cheaper in Canada/US than Japan? It must be more expensive in Japan because of the demand for them. I hardly know anyone with a DSi (only two people to be honest.)<br>

one reason I want to get a 3DS is Dead or Alive... hooray for bouncing (you know what) in 3D! (lol)

Last edited by a moderator:

Javacat

Founder of the WarmFluffyUK fan club
Website
Visit site
It might be on the steep side at launch, but they always drop the price after a couple of months. Whatever the cost and even though it looks pretty cool, I probably won't be getting one for awhile. I don't really like the current design and think it all looks like a bit of a bodged job. I'm still far from convinced about the whole 3D phase going on atm with everything. I'll wait until the price has seriously dropped or until a redesign.

dnlgreenwood

I'LL END YOU!!!
Javacat said:
It might be on the steep side at launch, but they always drop the price after a couple of months. Whatever the cost and even though it looks pretty cool, I probably won't be getting one for awhile. I don't really like the current design and think it all looks like a bit of a bodged job. I'm still far from convinced about the whole 3D phase going on atm with everything. I'll wait until the price has seriously dropped or until a redesign.

I agree with waiting for a redesign... just look at the original DS beside a DS Lite. But if the redesign has severely strict security (anti-hack) features, I'd go for the original.

Last edited by a moderator: