Newsletter Received.

Chip said:
---_Won_--- said:
craigix said:
For the number which went out, well, I hope we will be sending over 10,000 on the 30th, put it that way :)

I think it's great that there are 10,000+ on the mailing list, it means the pandora's will likely sell out very quickly.
Signing up for a mailing list is free. Ordering a Pandora costs $330.

All that number means is that 10,000 people were interested enough to enter their email address and hit a button. Expecting a 30% follow-through rate on mailing lists signups is very optimistic. VERY optimistic. I'm not saying it's impossible, but I've done stuff like this before.
I hope there are a lot of subscribers too so that sales will do well, but I just wonder how many people subscribed with 2 or more email addresses to ensure they receive a notification. I noticed there were at least a couple of members in this thread that had done so.

Last edited by a moderator:
There will be an email before the ordering starts with details of times etc.

You will be able to order via our own sites, not just GBAX, Eg. Eds site.

I notice that the link on Michael's site QUOTE
Comments? Opinions? Please feel free to send them here
has been removed today. I guess that can be taken as a bit more proof for the doubters that hardware is finalised now.

The 30th is going to be interesting, what with time zones, Craig's idea of 2 the next morning being the same day etc. Do you get up early or stay up late?

BTW, echoing Chip's comments, from my (limited) experience, 10% take up is usually considered good, although for this kind of product I think it should be higher than that. Notice also that Craig did not say how many they had sent out, but how many he hoped to send out on 30th.

Yep, got mine, had it a wee while actually. Man, this is going to be great, im trying my best to get code::blocks set up to work with SDL now so i can get work on something. Bit of a pain to set up, Tips anyone?? :)

Perhaps we should set up an irc 'camp' so we can all share in the festive spirit :p

Is there an irc channel for the Pandora?

Well doesn't really matter. Just choose a server between us and /join #Pandora (I think that's the way it works, haven't used irc in such a long time!)

(edit) remove double post

craigix said:

Wohoo!

I still recon we should have a pre-order party starting on irc a couple of hours before offical pre-ordering starts.

Dammit Pandora is turning me far to geeky!

fade said:
Whoops, getting a lot of database errors, anyone else finding the site slow?
Yep - and it kept giving SQL errors, although these have been ok in the last half hour.

lol, must be all the excitement i reckon! :) I'm not sure im too keen on the idea of tons of lurkers beating forum regulars on securing a pandora : /

fade said:
lol, must be all the excitement i reckon! :) I'm not sure im too keen on the idea of tons of lurkers beating forum regulars on securing a pandora : /

Neither are most of the regulars, but that is Craig's choice.

I got mine when i came home from college today :D!!!!!

I am so excited, anybody know the exact release day? (I dont mean the preorders day, i know that off by heart :p)

I am guessing it will be done by paypal? (this is where i admit... This is the first time i will probably be buying for something online.... :eek:)

Thats presuming I will need to buy online, lol.

Chip said:
In order to compensate for the enormous initial cash layout required to engineer, test and manufacture the first batch, all 3000 will be bought through Craig's shop. They just can't afford to sell units from the first batch wholesale to local distributers.
What will most likely happen is that the manufacturer will drop-ship the finished Pandoras to local devs (MWeston for Canada, ED for Germany, etc) who will flash the latest firmware and send them out to customers. This avoids having to pay customs twice and reduces shipping costs.
My apologies to Craig if I'm overstepping my bounds by spelling this out, but nobody seems able to read between the lines.
As they say, to ass-U-me, well you know how that works in the real world Chip. ;)
craigix said:
Thank you for finally clarifying [with words] Craig.

craigix said:

Well, that's all fine and dandy, but can you give us the links to each and every distributor we will be able to order from? You've told us that there will be a US distributor, but you still haven't told us who. I don't want pre-orders to start and me not knowing who the US distributor is and what their web address is.

-God Ginrai

Hi

New to the forum. Absolutely amazing feat to create Pandora. Craig and the team have done such a lot in what must be their 'spare-time'. Looking forward to getting a Pandora eventually.

There must be a lot of lurkers. I've been one. The plus side is that at least we do read all the info and not waste time asking the same questions over again.

Looking forward to honing my programming skills with Pandora. So I'll need to be more active on here!

Ex lurker

The 30th is a tuesday, which is my long day, I do not come home before 6 PM. At what time is preorder going to start anyway?

Back