Newsletter Received.

I'd be surprised if it didn't sell out on day one due to months of waiting in anticipation and seeing the response since yesterday.....Craig must be rubbing his hands together watching us bicker about what time it should go on sale!!! 1pm is good for me mate, I usually get home from work by then, ace!!!!

Maybe there should be some sort of test when ordering to make sure the buyer is a genuine retro gamer fan????? Retro Aptitude Test...........???!

I don't care what time it is. I'll be at home. Sipping a soda. F5. F5. Sip. F5.

F5.

White Demon said:
CronoTriggerfan said:
I hate to be a whiner, but that's in the middle of the work/school day for most Americans, and considering our country is currently the one with the most people interested in the product, that's a bit of a crappy situation, IMO. :(
I'm no expert on this, but I think 1pm GMT would be between 4-8am in the US (depending on where you live). Do most Americans work at 4am?

Another flaw in CTF's argument: we're currently in DST. 1pm GMT is 6am to 9am depending on the time zone. Only those on the west coast would be mildly inconvenienced to get up at 6am, and only the east coast would likely already be at work/school/whatever. He's not speaking for the US, just the East Coast. :p
Not that they'd have to worry: I'm positive that, even if they do sell out within 24 hours, the won't sell out within the first few hours. Everyone will get a fair shot.

Last edited by a moderator:
i've subscribed with two different addresses and haven't received the newsletter at either one. checked my junk folder(s), nothing.

how can i know when the preorders start if i can't get my newsletters?

so what did the newsletter mention about preorders?

ShyGuy said:
I don't care what time it is. I'll be at home. Sipping a soda. F5. F5. Sip. F5.

F5.

And in between that second and third F5, when you are taking that sip, that is when I will swoop in and grab the Pandora! Muhahahaha!

Squidge said:
Sounds like you need a phone with GPRS, then you can place your order regardless of where you are :)

Secondly, I think the order quantity should be kept low. There's a lot of interest, and no doubt there will be some crooks trying to buy a large amount using stolen credit cards and the like for the sole purpose of selling them on ebay.
my HSDPA PocketPC will be used exactly for this :)
netfront for the win!

honestly...i work at a financial institute. so if i still have my job on Sept. 30th, I am in ;)
bad, bad Mr. Lehman.

realyst said:
Pandora system Video Game(*Mint*)
Buy It Now: 100$

--------------------------------------------------
Like new videogame Pandra system plays all games better then Playstation or Nintendo. New in box collectors rare selling fast.

Buy It Now: 100$
Shipping: 530$

lol

Squidge said:
To ensure everyone had a chance, you could limit pre-orders to 250 per day (f.ex). It would also give everyone a bit of a challenge too, and no doubt a few threads on this board ;)
I actually like that idea. It works great for the weekenders too!

As for it not instantly selling out, Chip. I don't know, my common sense tells me the same thing, but the rest of my brain just goes with the usual "HOLY SHIT I'M GOING TO BE SO SCREWED OH FUCK OH FUCK OH FUCKKKKKK!!!!!", so I'm sorta nervous, especially when I hear about over 10k people being on the newsletter and people asking about wanting to buy 60 pandoras

Ah screw it, if I don't get one I'll stick with my "break into EDs house and steal one" plan

I signed up with two different emails yesterday, but haven't received anything yet. (I could've sworn I had already signed up a few weeks before, but I signed up again just in case)

Is the email posted anywhere? (sorry if it's in this thread, I didn't want to read all 12 pages)

Esn said:
I signed up with two different emails yesterday, but haven't received anything yet. (I could've sworn I had already signed up a few weeks before, but I signed up again just in case)

If you hadn't signed up before, that's why you didn't get it. Craig sent the newsletter on the 15th. Anybody who signs up after he hit SEND isn't going to get it unless he sends it again.

Don't worry, we're supposed to get final info a day or two before orders open up. You can see if it's working then.

Only thing that concerns me is that if a whole load of people try to pre-order the pandora on the 30th online all at the same time one (or more) of the servers running the pre-order site might go down? Lots of people trying to access one site at the same time usually makes said site/server run slow, or fail completely x.x .

ljones

ljones said:
Only thing that concerns me is that if a whole load of people try to pre-order the pandora on the 30th online all at the same time one (or more) of the servers running the pre-order site might go down? Lots of people trying to access one site at the same time usually makes said site/server run slow, or fail completely x.x .
go slow - yes. Temporarily refuse connections - yes. However, Failing completely usually means whoever configured them needs to be fired. There's no need for that today.

I don't have it... <_<

I just added my email to the list a day or two ago, so mebbe I missed it?
If someone could forward it to me, I'll love you forever.
Email is Robinmack@gmail.com

I thought I was on Craigx's list... I got the email about the Wiz, but not about the pandora. I take it it must be a different list? I also did the great north run sponsor thing... I thought that got you on 'the list' (not that that was the reason for doing it!!!)

Ah well... probably have to wait for the second batch then... :-(

S

sabregolly said:
Ah well... probably have to wait for the second batch then... :-(
Still plenty of time, and still until the 30th to get your pre-ordering fingers ready. No need to sulk just yet :)

sabregolly said:
I thought I was on Craigx's list... I got the email about the Wiz, but not about the pandora. I take it it must be a different list? I also did the great north run sponsor thing... I thought that got you on 'the list' (not that that was the reason for doing it!!!)
Yeah, I think it's a diferent list. Got to openpandora.org and sign up directly.

Back