Release NEWS: Dreamcast is working on Pandora+Video

ingoreis

Hardcore Member
Staff member
Hi Guys i found in the Web a Dreamcast Emulator Alpha for Android and with 1020 MHZ

on the Golden Pandora works so:

Enjoy the Video :D

https://www.youtube.com/embed/jYcSvekYZWs?feature=oembed

Sorry that i cannot spend you a Link because this Version is downloadable only with

a Dreamcast Bios File,but when you search it,search for NullDC for Android.

Now i wait for the Email Answer from EvilDragon because i will buy a 1GHZ Pandora B)

Greetings from the German Forum ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes i think it was drRkII's emu :)

On the 1GHZ Pandora should it overclocked to 1,2GHZ and faster Ram much better ^_^

Very interesting, wondering if 1Ghz and optimisation would yield much more speed.

Cool! Something new to try out, but I got to wonder how fast a native emulator could be when it's not bogged down by Android.

I've been playing with overclocking the RAM/SGX on the regular 256MB and 512MB Rebirth Pandora with some success.. like a more playable GTA III in Android.

I wish that the version of DC emulation shown a while before the Pandora was released could be brought back to life, that ran things much smoother.

DC was one of my reasons for buying but I guess I'll have to wait for P2.

I must say that i used my self optimized Android on Pandora,i switched off all i can and used some tweaking Software.

I disabled so many Setting i cannot say what i did,because to many Things i tried with Android :lol:

Maybe i can give you a Copy of my "Slim Android",bit its laaaarge and i have slooooowly Uploadspeed :rolleyes:

Can't we just get the source of that emulator so people like notaz and Exo can tweak it like crazy until it becomes smooth? How much hardware-specific hand-optimized assembler does it use already?

Nice that it's possible in some way, but it has graphical glitches all over the place and is incredibly slooooow. Dreamcast emulation is not even perfectly possible on a modern desktop PC (tried different emulators and ROMs myself), let alone on a small device like the Pandora. Pixel perfect Dreamcast emulation is still a few years away on Windows, let alone on handheld devices.

It may be slow but at least it's progress of some sort, I'll be honest it's been a few years since I've jumped to click on a link this fast.

Would it be possible to strip the apk/download of the bios, upload it here and specify the path where the bios should go?

sorry that i cannot Post a Link oder the APK because this is closed Source Software(I think so)

I had Luck to find this and only tried this.

The Links by XDA Devs are all gone too and i dont want Trouble with sharing so a hot Software.

When i readed right,there exist also a newer faster Betaversion but i cannot find it.

This was only for testing and show you what is Possible now.

Maybe it will soon released and when it released i will buy this excellent Piece of Software ;)

Maybe when it released,its free too(i dont know exactly)

sorry that i cannot Post a Link oder the APK because this is closed Source Software(I think so)

I had Luck to find this and only tried this.

The Links by XDA Devs are all gone too and i dont want Trouble with sharing so a hot Software.

When i readed right,there exist also a newer faster Betaversion but i cannot find it.

This was only for testing and show you what is Possible now.

Maybe it will soon released and when it released i will buy this excellent Piece of Software ;)
I would buy it too but I highly doubt it has been worked on much at all since 2010 when the original videos came out...

Nice that it's possible in some way, but it has graphical glitches all over the place and is incredibly slooooow. Dreamcast emulation is not even perfectly possible on a modern desktop PC (tried different emulators and ROMs myself), let alone on a small device like the Pandora. Pixel perfect Dreamcast emulation is still a few years away on Windows, let alone on handheld devices.

How many emulators of 3D hardware are pixel perfect? I can think of very few.. I'm not even aware of someone doing software rendering for Dreamcast, which would be the first requirement.

thanks.

http://www.emu-mobi.com/forums/down/nulldc_alpha_01_138.apk

1)Install the nullDC-Alpha-0.1.apk file.

2)Copy the "nullDC" folder to the root of your mounted

SD card.

3)Run nullDCe and use the crude controls on screen.

(Top left is UDLR)

4)Report your findings on Crazy Taxi (On Froyo the

graphics were messed up, but not nearly as bad, only

on menu, his hair(at times), and the trees(at times).

CM7 seems to distort this, so please try this on other

devices (Besides SGS/Captivate ie: Optimus 2x, Nexus S,

etc..)

How many emulators of 3D hardware are pixel perfect? I can think of very few.. I'm not even aware of someone doing software rendering for Dreamcast, which would be the first requirement.

Up until recent, NullDC was the king of Dreamcast emulation as far as I know. And every game I've tried with it has not delivered me a genuine Dreamcast experience. I've got a Dreamcast myself with quite a lot of games, and really know what to look for when playing a downloadable version of the original. Even the intro from Soul Calibur has many faults on a Windows based system. The faults at the core of the emulator are bad enough that games are unplayable. I'm not sure of it, but I guess the original author(s) of NullDC gave up his/their efforts for a good reason. It will take another few years to get Dreamcast emulation to a level of PlayStation One or Nintendo 64 (considerably good emulated platforms). It's a lot of work: so much that the Pandora will never see at least one playable Dreamcast game.

I would love to see it different, as the Dreamcast is probably my favorite console. But for the past three and a half years we have gone from a Prince of Persia slideshow to a Crazy Taxi slideshow, which says more than enough. It will not happen.

Will there ever release the dreamcast emulator for just pandora handheld soon? Seems like the fps/speed emulation seem'd pretty well on it imo

Back