Newbie Needs Help

HungryWolf

Still Fresh
Hey everyone. I just got a FLU GP32 last Saturday, and I had some problems in the beginning, but after I fiddled around with, I finally got it working, and now I'm having a blast with it. But I still have some questions.

1) How would I put a firmware on my GP32?
2) Will it erase all my files on the GP32?
3) What is the average battery life with the light on, with regular AA batteries?
4) What is the average battery life without the light on, with regular AA batteries?
5) For longest battery life, what batteries do you suggest?
6) Is it possible to get rid of dust under the screen?
7) If so, how easy?
8) Is the gray light-blocker thing supposed to easily come off?
9) Is there supposed to be some light coming through it?
10) Is it possible to somehow get a replacement battery cover, as mine is somewhat broken?

That's it for now, I guess. Thanks.

Here's what you do:

1) Hit F11 while in internet explorer.
2) Wheee! It zoomed to full screen.
3) Look at the top right of the screen.
4) Click the little thing that says "Search" and is next to "Help" and "Members", but dont go too fast or you might crash the cursor into something.
5) Type in your questions in the box that appears.

Cheers.

Hey everyone. I just got a FLU GP32 last Saturday, and I had some problems in the beginning, but after I fiddled around with, I finally got it working, and now I'm having a blast with it. But I still have some questions.

3) What is the average battery life with the light on, with regular AA batteries?
4) What is the average battery life without the light on, with regular AA batteries?
7) If so, how easy?
10) Is it possible to somehow get a replacement battery cover, as mine is somewhat broken?

That's it for now, I guess. Thanks.

1) don't put another firmware on yet. you don't need it.
2) no, your files are on the SMC
3) dunno. decent batteries last long enough for me.
4) dunno, never tried it.
5) duracell, but really it's best to get good rechargables... use google.
6) probably
7) dunno
8) no, not *easily* but it *is* supposed to just pull off...
9) this is normal.
10) dunno... is it *very* broken? just use blutac or superglue, or ask craig at GBAX or the official gamepark website (good luck) :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's what you do:

4) Click the little thing that says "Search" and is next to "Help" and "Members", but dont go too fast or you might crash the cursor into something.

Cheers.

HA HA! <_<

that link gives none of the answers to his questions <_<

edit: maybe you meant this liink to the F.A.Q. which answers maybe 1 or 2 of his questions. thanks for the help, yaustar! <_<

I knew there would be one jerk who would tell me to search.

Anyway, thanks toxibunny. I'm currently using Duracell and Duracell Ultras, but hopefully when I go somewhere like Wal-Mart, I'll pick some rechargeable batteries up. I've heard Ray-O-Vac Batteries (2300mA) were pretty good, so I guess I'll check those out. The thing doesn't really easily come off, but I thought it would probably be tougher for it to come off. The battery cover is also not very broken, but the hinge, I guess it is, on the top, has part of it broken, so it comes off some times, which is annoying, although I did tape it on, which will have to do for now.

Once again, thanks Toxibunny, and thanks a ton for your very helpful answers, Scott.

apparently there are 2 different types of rechargable batteries... one with mainly red writing, and one with another colour.

if you get the choice, look on the back and it hopefully should tell you the capacity in milliamp hours? i think. it's something like that.

anyway I've got the crappy ones and they do me... enough time for to charge the others while i've got one set in the GP32...

FAQ battery life specs don't help much, as you get way more time at lower clockspeeds...

Here's what you do:

Cheers.

Very well done! Wanna join NO MAPNUTS ? :D

Funny how my link has a link to that FAQ really and to the FAQ forum...

but since everyone is going to be bitchy about this...

Guides
No, files are on the SMC
pending on batteries but we are talking around 6-8 hrs on average
see above
2350mah rechargables or Durcalls
Yes
7) If so, how easy?
Not very, you are more likely to get more dust in it and it is very easy to scratch the screen cover since it is plastic.
Not really
Normal
10) Is it possible to somehow get a replacement battery cover, as mine is somewhat broken? Yes but I am not sure where.

Well, in all fairness, you have no idea how many times this is asked
It gets real old real fast, Iv only been here just over a year and its real anoying
And, its common courtasey for you to search before you ask
Its know on ALL forums that there is a newbie section, or here have a FAQ
now, lets think for half a second

Your a noob
You just got 4 year old handheld videogame console
You find a forum and want to ask some questions
Can you honestley tell me that you think questions about Firmware and Batteries havent been asked in the last 4 years at least once?
think, its a bettery powered machine, so theres proboloy a decent amout of topics with the word battery in them or in their content
and, Since Firmwares are so NOT NEW, you think that just now, you would somehow be the first to ask the question of " what do they do " ?
If you had searched like you ae supposed to, then you would have realized that they don't do a damn thing to your SMC

SO.. In closing, ya, he might have been rude saying to search, but you were rude in not searching for common answers before hand

Only diferance, he told you to search, being helpful, and trust me, noobs have gotten it a shitload worse than you just did so be happy, and you returned the favor of his by calling him a jerk
When I analyze it, I see a problem, and its gonna proboly be that if you are an ass to people who either help you or just state the words and not curse you out like a noob ( hint, you are a noob, we all were, and we got through it without complaining, so just go along with it )
So, please, try to use some common sense, they call it common because most people have it
I am not yelling at you, I am just trying to help you understand how people think here

and, since I realize the importance of growing the community and hate noobs who don't follow simple rules all the same, I will answer your question also

1) Put the .fxe of whatever firmware you want into gpmm and runit, but make sure you have fresh batteries, for if you lose power anyway posable through the process, your GP32 is now a funny looking paper weight
2) No
3) No clue, but I think over 6-7 hours, with sound, I have a Non-FLU,but that is the idea I am getting from just using the search function right now ( hint TRY IT )
4) Over 8 hours
5) A rechargeable battery that has the highest Amperage you can find( google it if you don't understand , again, SEARCHING ) Personally, I am running my prototype GP32 workstation off of two 10Amp batteries ( gets about 30 - 40 hours at 166mhz )
6) I believe it is, but seing as you prooly have no clue what your doing, I wouldnt try it
7) Read above
8)No, but ya can superglue it, its really up to you
9) Its not uncommon but I think in the origional design it wasn't
10) No, unless you buy one from someone selling a broken GP32 that dosn't work on the forums ( search to find where people sell things, this is an EASY one )

~Octavious

Back