Newb Help With Ac Power, Tv Out And Cradle Please

pubzombie

Hi all, I have just received my lovely new gp2x f200 with firmware 4.00. and i need a spot of help.
1. do i need to separately power the gpx2 and cradle or just one if i want to run a keyboard, mouse and joy pad? I was planning to use my xbox360 usb controller.
2. I plan a trip down maplins tomorrow so will get adapters if needed, any known models etc? I already have a Jesups MA1200 3vto 12v manual select polarity adapter but i am not sure it kicks enough amps. it label reads thus:- PR1.: 100-240v ~50/60hz 0.17-0.38A
SEC.: 3/4.5/6/7.5/9/12V =1.25A 15A MAX
are any of these settings usable for either device?
can anybody confirm console & cradle V and A and polarity to stop my paranoia?
should i order official ones? but where from?
3. I have connected my gp2x directly to my JVC big CRB flat screen tv using the s-video cable - however the picture is too big to fit on the screen, and is a bit grotty. then when i load up the built in pacman game the screen distorts - tried both pal & ntsc - and is unplayable---then as i cancel out of the game the picture pauses and appears pixel perfect before returning to the funny sized home menu. - should i get a s-video to yellow pin widget from maplins? i am using the rechargeable batteries that came with the bundle.
thanx very much for your time i will be back soon with more dumb ques no doubts as i aint started messing with emus yet.
cheers
PZMB

Hello, I have just got my F200 and cradle and have similar problems.

1. Power supply wise. I have to power the cradle and use batteries of the F200. The cradle does not seem to power the F200. I don't have an F200 power supply so I am not sure if that would power the F200 and the cradle.

2. I have connected the s video and audio out to a SCART adapter. My TV does not have s-video in. As you say the picture is too big to fit. I have the same problem with all combinations of the TV out cable, the cradle and the original F100. The picture is colour correct and sharp when the image is static but as soon as you have moving sprites the colours "separate" and look bad. i.e. a white ship will have a blurred red blue appearance until it stops moving.

Does anybody know what cables give the best results ??

3. USB wise I only have 2 USB joypads and I can't get either to work. I have the cradle powered OK and the red light is on.

I followed the instructions to activate the USB port on the F100 (old version) with V3 firmware (i.e. turning on human interfaces etc). The instructions match and when I plug either pad in a green light appears by the USB socket. But when I play any games the pads don't work. ( I have tried a few random GP2x games, stella, DrMd and the neogeo 2x emulator).

When I try the F200 with v4 firmware. I can't find any specific "human interfaces" option just a general "USB Host" option under system menu. When I connect the pads the green light does NOT appear. Again the games do not recognise the pad at all.

Can anybody help us ????

Cheers,

Gizmo

well as for the game pads i had similar issues and as far as ive been able to tell the only way to use them is if the emu. has a "controls option" such as picodrive and gpfce. in pico drive go to configure controls option and at the bottom it will say if usb joy is detected if not you need to make sure that human interface and usb conections are turned on in the system options. choose player1 or 2 and set the controls to the gamepad.

tv out just kinda sucks

the gp2x should power the cradle as long as there isnt to many usbs connected. the cradle cannot power the gp2x

this is all info that i got from these forums and my own gp2x. hope this is helpfull.

-me

I have some questions related to AC adapters as well, so I'll go ahead and borrow this thread a bit. I gather these are the specs a power adapter would need to have:

-3.3 Volt
-2 Ampere
-0.7X2.35mm connector(0.7X2.5 should also be fine)
-The polarity needs to be adjustable/center grounded

Is this correct? Is 3.3V really the same as 3V(I don't get many hits on "3.3V")?

Please help me out here!

OziX said:
I have some questions related to AC adapters as well, so I'll go ahead and borrow this thread a bit. I gather these are the specs a power adapter would need to have:

-3.3 Volt
-2 Ampere
-0.7X2.35mm connector(0.7X2.5 should also be fine)
-The polarity needs to be adjustable/center grounded

Is this correct? Is 3.3V really the same as 3V(I don't get many hits on "3.3V")?

Please help me out here!
Yes, Don`t worry, You can use 3 volts in place of the less common 3.3 volts with no ill effects.

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
I've bought a gp2x cradle i connected a 400gb hard drive the light on the cradle was red and didn't work, can someone help out on this issue.

sukhigp said:
I've bought a gp2x cradle i connected a 400gb hard drive the light on the cradle was red and didn't work, can someone help out on this issue.
Some things are already answered in the manual. Things like hard drive needs a power adapter.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am still not having much luck with the GP2X cradle on the F200.

I am turning on USB on the system menu and can get an external drive to work OK.

If I run picodrive. with 2 of my 3 USB joypads I get no USB joypad detected in picodrive.

My 3rd joypad does get detected. But if I load a ROM and try and play with the joypad. No controls appear to work. up / down left etc do nothing. The joypad has loads of extra buttons. One of these causes the game to pause and a screen full of internal emulator details / memory states or something to be displayed.

Am I doing something wrong in picodrive ?

Back